Marginal note:Documentary evidence
25. (1) Where an enactment provides that a document is evidence of a fact without anything in the context to indicate that the document is conclusive evidence, then, in any judicial proceedings, the document is admissible in evidence and the fact is deemed to be established in the absence of any evidence to the contrary.
Marginal note:Queen’s Printer
(2) Every copy of an enactment having printed thereon what purports to be the name or title of the Queen’s Printer and Controller of Stationery or the Queen’s Printer is deemed to be a copy purporting to be printed by the Queen’s Printer for Canada.
- R.S., c. I-23, s. 24.
Computation of Time
Marginal note:Time limits and holidays
26. Where the time limited for the doing of a thing expires or falls on a holiday, the thing may be done on the day next following that is not a holiday.
- R.S., 1985, c. I-21, s. 26;
- 1999, c. 31, s. 147(F).
Marginal note:Clear days
27. (1) Where there is a reference to a number of clear days or “at least” a number of days between two events, in calculating that number of days the days on which the events happen are excluded.
Marginal note:Not clear days
(2) Where there is a reference to a number of days, not expressed to be clear days, between two events, in calculating that number of days the day on which the first event happens is excluded and the day on which the second event happens is included.
Marginal note:Beginning and ending of prescribed periods
(3) Where a time is expressed to begin or end at, on or with a specified day, or to continue to or until a specified day, the time includes that day.
Marginal note:After specified day
(4) Where a time is expressed to begin after or to be from a specified day, the time does not include that day.
Marginal note:Within a time
(5) Where anything is to be done within a time after, from, of or before a specified day, the time does not include that day.
- R.S., c. I-23, s. 25.
Marginal note:Calculation of a period of months after or before a specified day
28. Where there is a reference to a period of time consisting of a number of months after or before a specified day, the period is calculated by
(a) counting forward or backward from the specified day the number of months, without including the month in which that day falls;
(b) excluding the specified day; and
(c) including in the last month counted under paragraph (a) the day that has the same calendar number as the specified day or, if that month has no day with that number, the last day of that month.
- R.S., c. I-23, s. 25.
- Date modified: