Income Tax Act
Marginal note:Tax payable by trust under deferred profit sharing plan
(2) Where, at the end of any month, a trust governed by a deferred profit sharing plan holds property that is neither a qualified investment (within the meaning assigned by section 204) nor a life insurance policy (referred to in paragraphs 198(6)(c) to 198(6)(e) or subsection 198(6.1)), the trust shall, in respect of that month, pay a tax under this Part equal to 1% of the fair market value of the property at the time it was acquired by the trust of all such property held by it at the end of the month, other than
Marginal note:Tax payable by trust under registered education savings plan
(3) Every trust governed by a registered education savings plan shall, in respect of any month, pay a tax under this Part equal to 1% of the total of all amounts each of which is the fair market value of a property, at the time it was acquired by the trust, that
(4) [Repealed, 2011, c. 24, s. 68]
Marginal note:Tax payable in respect of agreement to acquire shares
(5) Where at any time a taxpayer whose taxable income is exempt from tax under Part I makes an agreement (otherwise than as a consequence of the acquisition or writing by it of an option listed on a designated stock exchange) to acquire a share of the capital stock of a corporation (otherwise than from the corporation) at a price that may differ from the fair market value of the share at the time the share may be acquired, the taxpayer shall, in respect of each month during which the taxpayer is a party to the agreement, pay a tax under this Part equal to the total of all amounts each of which is the amount, if any, by which the amount of a dividend paid on the share at a time in the month at which the taxpayer is a party to the agreement exceeds the amount, if any, of the dividend that is received by the taxpayer.
- NOTE: Application provisions are not included in the consolidated text;
- see relevant amending Acts. R.S., 1985, c. 1 (5th Supp.), s. 207.1;
- 1994, c. 8, s. 31;
- 1999, c. 22, s. 73;
- 2005, c. 30, s. 16;
- 2007, c. 35, s. 58;
- 2011, c. 24, s. 68.
- Date modified: