Marginal note:Further inquiries
69. (1) The Council shall, at the request of the Minister, commence an inquiry to establish whether a person appointed pursuant to an enactment of Parliament to hold office during good behaviour other than
(a) a judge of a superior court, or
(b) a person to whom section 48 of the Parliament of Canada Act applies,
should be removed from office for any of the reasons set out in paragraphs 65(2)(a) to (d).
Marginal note:Applicable provisions
(2) Subsections 63(3) to (6), sections 64 and 65 and subsection 66(2) apply, with such modifications as the circumstances require, to inquiries under this section.
Marginal note:Removal from office
(3) The Governor in Council may, on the recommendation of the Minister, after receipt of a report described in subsection 65(1) in relation to an inquiry under this section in connection with a person who may be removed from office by the Governor in Council other than on an address of the Senate or House of Commons or on a joint address of the Senate and House of Commons, by order, remove the person from office.
- R.S., 1985, c. J-1, s. 69;
- 1992, c. 1, s. 144(F), c. 51, s. 28;
- 1993, c. 34, s. 89;
- 2002, c. 8, s. 107.
- Date modified: