OFFENCES AND PUNISHMENT
Marginal note:False statements, failure to comply with orders
20. (1) Every person who
(a) knowingly makes a false or misleading statement in any application or declaration made under this Act or the regulations,
(b) makes any application or declaration under this Act or the regulations that by reason of any non-disclosure of facts is false or misleading,
(c) obtains any feed grain storage payment or feed grain cost equalization payment by false pretences, or
(d) fails to comply with an order issued pursuant to paragraph 6(e)
is guilty of an offence and liable on summary conviction to a fine not exceeding five thousand dollars or imprisonment for a term not exceeding two years or both.
Marginal note:Officers, etc., of corporations
(2) Where a corporation commits an offence under this section, any officer, director or agent of the corporation who directed, authorized, assented to, acquiesced in or participated in the commission of the offence is a party to and guilty of the offence and is liable on summary conviction to the punishment provided by subsection (1) whether or not the corporation has been prosecuted or convicted.
Marginal note:Limitation period
(3) No prosecution under subsection (1) may be instituted later than two years after the time when the subject-matter of the complaint arose.
- R.S., 1985, c. L-10, s. 20;
- 1991, c. 38, s. 22.
21. In any proceedings in respect of an alleged offence under section 20, a document purporting to be a copy of an order issued pursuant to paragraph 6(e) certified by the Minister is, without proof of the signature of the Minister, admissible in evidence and has the same probative force as the original document would have if it were proven in the ordinary way.
- R.S., 1985, c. L-10, s. 21;
- 1991, c. 38, s. 23.
22. [Repealed, 1991, c. 38, s. 23]
- Date modified: