Access to Financial Statements
Marginal note:Financial statement of trade union and employers’ organization
110. (1) Every trade union and every employers’ organization shall, forthwith on the request of any of its members, provide the member, free of charge, with a copy of a financial statement of its affairs to the end of the last fiscal year, certified to be a true copy by its president and treasurer or by its president and any other officer responsible for the handling and administration of its funds.
(2) Any financial statement provided under subsection (1) shall contain information in sufficient detail to disclose accurately the financial condition and operations of the trade union or employers’ organization for the fiscal year for which it was prepared.
Marginal note:Complaint to Board where failure to provide financial statement
(3) The Board, on the complaint of any member of a trade union or employers’ organization that it has failed to comply with subsection (1), may make an order requiring the trade union or employers’ organization to file with the Board, within the time set out in the order, a statement in such form and with such particulars as the Board may determine.
Marginal note:Order of the Board
(4) The Board may make an order requiring a trade union or employers’ organization to provide a copy of a statement filed under subsection (3) to such members of the trade union or employers’ organization as the Board in its discretion directs.
- 1977-78, c. 27, s. 70;
- 1980-81-82-83, c. 47, s. 53(F);
- 1984, c. 40, s. 79(F).
111. The Governor in Council may make regulations
(a) prescribing to or by whom and in what manner any notice, request or report that may be given or made to or received by the Minister shall be given, made or received;
(b) prescribing in what form and manner any notice or report that is authorized or required to be given or sent by the Minister, a conciliation commissioner, a conciliation board or an Industrial Inquiry Commission shall be given or sent and what shall constitute sufficient service of such notice or report on the person to whom it is given or sent;
(c) designating, with respect to any notice or request authorized or required to be given or sent by the Minister, the officer who may give or send the notice or request on behalf of the Minister;
(d) prescribing the form and content of a notice to commence collective bargaining;
(e) prescribing the form and content of a notice under section 71 and prescribing any additional information that is to be furnished with such a notice;
(f) prescribing the form and content of a notice under section 87.2 and prescribing any additional information that is to be furnished with such a notice;
(g) and (h) [Repealed, 1998, c. 26, s. 51]
(i) prescribing the form and content of any written request to the Minister under subsection 57(2) or (4) and prescribing any additional information that is to be furnished with such a request;
(j) prescribing the manner in which and the time within which a copy of an order or decision referred to in section 59 shall be filed with the Minister;
(k) prescribing the circumstances in which copies of orders and decisions filed with the Minister pursuant to section 59 may be examined by members of the public and the fees, if any, to be charged for providing copies thereof; and
(l) prescribing the manner in which a report of a conciliation commissioner or a conciliation board may be released by the Minister to the parties to a dispute pursuant to paragraph 77(a).
- R.S., 1985, c. L-2, s. 111;
- 1998, c. 26, s. 51.
- Date modified: