Purpose of Part
Marginal note:Purpose of Part
122.1 The purpose of this Part is to prevent accidents and injury to health arising out of, linked with or occurring in the course of employment to which this Part applies.
- R.S., 1985, c. 9 (1st Supp.), s. 1.
Marginal note:Preventive measures
122.2 Preventive measures should consist first of the elimination of hazards, then the reduction of hazards and finally, the provision of personal protective equipment, clothing, devices or materials, all with the goal of ensuring the health and safety of employees.
- 2000, c. 20, s. 3.
Methods of Communication
Marginal note:Rights of employees
122.3 (1) An employee with a special need shall be given any direction, notice, information, instruction or training that is required to be given to employees under this Part by any method of communication that readily permits the employee to receive it, including braille, large print, audio tape, computer disk, sign language and verbal communication.
Meaning of “special need”
(2) For the purposes of this section, an employee has a special need if the employee is affected by a condition that impairs their ability to receive any direction, notice, information, instruction or training given by a method that would otherwise be sufficient under this Part.
- 2000, c. 20, s. 3.
Marginal note:Application of Part
123. (1) Notwithstanding any other Act of Parliament or any regulations thereunder, this Part applies to and in respect of employment
(a) on or in connection with the operation of any federal work, undertaking or business other than a work, undertaking or business of a local or private nature in Yukon, the Northwest Territories or Nunavut;
(b) by a corporation established to perform any function or duty on behalf of the Government of Canada; and
(c) by a Canadian carrier, as defined in section 2 of the Telecommunications Act, that is an agent of Her Majesty in right of a province.
Marginal note:Application to federal public administration
(2) This Part applies to the federal public administration and to persons employed in the federal public administration to the extent provided for under Part 3 of the Public Service Labour Relations Act.
- R.S., 1985, c. L-2, s. 123;
- R.S., 1985, c. 9 (1st Supp.), s. 2;
- 1993, c. 28, s. 78, c. 38, s. 89;
- 2000, c. 20, s. 4;
- 2002, c. 7, s. 97(E);
- 2003, c. 22, s. 110.
123.1 [Repealed, 1996, c. 12, s. 2]
- Date modified: