Marginal note:True boundary lines
32. (1) All boundary lines of roads, streets, lanes, lots, parcels or other authorized subdivisions of Canada Lands that are defined by monuments in surveys made under this Part shall, after confirmation of the plans by the Surveyor General, be the true boundary lines of those roads, streets, lanes, lots, parcels or other authorized subdivisions, whether or not they are found to contain, on admeasurement, the exact area or dimensions described or expressed in a plan, letters patent, grant or other instrument affecting those Canada Lands.
Marginal note:Roads, etc., to be public highways
(2) With respect to Canada Lands situated in Yukon, the Northwest Territories or Nunavut, all allowances laid out in surveys of roads, streets, lanes or commons in any city, town, village or settlement shall be public highways or commons.
- R.S., 1985, c. L-6, s. 32;
- 1993, c. 28, s. 78;
- 1998, c. 14, ss. 98(F), 100(F);
- 2002, c. 7, s. 102;
- 2014, c. 2, s. 17(F).
33. (1) Canada Lands may be resurveyed under this Part
(a) for the purposes of correcting errors or supposed errors or re-establishing lost monuments; or
(b) at the request of the member of Her Majesty’s Privy Council for Canada or the Commissioner charged with administering the Canada Lands in respect of which the resurvey is to be made.
Marginal note:Plans of resurveyed lands
(2) Plans of Canada Lands that are resurveyed shall be dealt with in accordance with this Part and shall, after confirmation thereof by the Surveyor General, be deemed to be the official plans under this Act of the lands thereby affected and shall be substituted for all, or corresponding portions of all, former official plans of the lands thereby affected.
- R.S., 1985, c. L-6, s. 33;
- 1998, c. 14, ss. 98(F), 100(F).
PART IIISPECIAL SURVEYS OF TERRITORIAL LANDS
Scope and Administration
34. In this Part,
« ministre »
“Minister” means the Minister of Indian Affairs and Northern Development;
« terres territoriales »
“territorial lands” means any lands situated in Yukon, the Northwest Territories or Nunavut.
- R.S., 1985, c. L-6, s. 34;
- 1993, c. 28, s. 78;
- 2002, c. 7, s. 103.
Marginal note:Scope and purposes of special surveys
35. Special surveys of territorial lands may be made for any or all of the following purposes:
(a) the correction of errors or supposed errors in existing surveys or plans;
(b) the subdivision of land not previously subdivided or the showing of divisions of land not previously or correctly shown on an existing plan of subdivision;
(c) fixing the location or width of roads or highways;
(d) establishing any boundary lines the positions of which, due to incorrect placing or loss or obliteration of monuments defining the lines on the ground, have become doubtful or difficult of being ascertained; and
(e) any other purpose deemed necessary by the Minister or the Commissioner.
- R.S., c. L-5, s. 49;
- 1976-77, c. 30, s. 28.
- Date modified: