Marginal note:Prohibition — Tlicho lands
90.1 Even if the regulations do not require a permit or authorization under Part 3 or 4 for a particular use of land, no person shall use Tlicho lands without such a permit or authorization if one is required by a Tlicho law for uses of that type.
- 2005, c. 1, s. 51.
Marginal note:Exemption for use of land in Tlicho communities
90.2 Despite the regulations, a permit or authorization under Part 3 or 4 for a particular use of land in a Tlicho community is not required if the local government of that community has enacted a bylaw providing that one is not required for uses of that type.
- 2005, c. 1, s. 51.
91. A board may make rules
(a) specifying the period of time within which compensation agreements referred to in sections 77 and 78 must be entered into; and
(b) respecting the determination of matters in dispute under section 80 or 80.1.
- 1998, c. 25, s. 91;
- 2005, c. 1, s. 52.
Offences and Punishment
Marginal note:Principal offences
92. (1) Every person who contravenes section 90.1, any provision of the regulations, any condition of a permit or an order of an inspector under subsection 86(1) or (2) is guilty of an offence and liable on summary conviction to a fine not exceeding $15,000 or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding six months, or to both.
(2) In addition to the penalty provided by subsection (1), a court that convicts a person of using land without a permit may, taking into account the nature of the offence and the circumstances of its commission, order the person to take any measures that it considers reasonable in order to repair or limit any damage resulting from the act or omission that constituted the offence.
Marginal note:Continuing offences
(3) Where an offence under subsection (1) is committed on or continued for more than one day, it is deemed to be a separate offence for each day on which it is committed or continued.
Marginal note:Contravening orders
(4) Every person who contravenes section 87 is guilty of an offence and liable on summary conviction to a fine not exceeding $2,000 or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding six months, or to both.
- 1998, c. 25, s. 92;
- 2005, c. 1, s. 53.
Marginal note:Limitation period
93. Proceedings in respect of an offence under section 92 may not be instituted later than two years after the time when the subject-matter of the proceedings arose.
- Date modified: