PART 4MACKENZIE VALLEY LAND AND WATER BOARD
Interpretation and Application
96. (1) The definitions in this subsection apply in this Part.
« Office »
“Board” means the Mackenzie Valley Land and Water Board established by subsection 99(1).
« permis d’utilisation des eaux »
(a) with respect to a federal area, a type A or type B licence permitting the use of waters or the deposit of waste, or both, issued by the Board under this Part; or
(b) with respect to lands outside a federal area, a type A or type B licence or any other licence relating to the use of waters or the deposit of waste, or both, issued by the Board under this Part in accordance with any territorial law.
« permis d’utilisation des terres »
“permit” means a permit for the use of land issued by the Board under this Part, and “permittee” has a corresponding meaning.
Marginal note:Terms defined in Part 3
(2) In this Part, the expressions “first nation lands”, “land”, “management area” and “waters” have the same meaning as in Part 3.
Meaning of “permit”
(3) For the purposes of this Part, references to a permit in section 90, in the regulations made pursuant to that section and in sections 90.1, 90.2 and 92 include a permit as defined in subsection (1).
Meaning of “licence”
(4) For the purposes of this Part, a reference to a licence in section 90.3, in the regulations made under that section and in sections 72.02 and 92.02 to 92.04 include a licence as defined in subsection (1).
- 1998, c. 25, s. 96;
- 2005, c. 1, s. 55;
- 2014, c. 2, s. 194.
Marginal note:National parks and historic sites
97. (1) Subject to paragraph 102(2)(b), this Part does not apply in respect of the use of land or waters or the deposit of waste within a park or park reserve to which the Canada National Parks Act applies or within lands acquired pursuant to the Historic Sites and Monuments Act.
Marginal note:Consultation with Board
(2) Notwithstanding subsection (1), an authority responsible for authorizing uses of land or waters or deposits of waste in a portion of the Mackenzie Valley excluded by that subsection from the application of this Part shall consult the Board before authorizing any such use or deposit.
Marginal note:Consultation with authority
(3) The Board shall consult the responsible authority referred to in subsection (2) before issuing a licence, permit or authorization for a use of land or waters or deposit of waste that may have an effect in the portion of the Mackenzie Valley excluded by subsection (1) from the application of this Part.
- 1998, c. 25, s. 97;
- 2000, c. 32, s. 68.
- Date modified: