144. (1) The Governor in Council may, by regulations made following consultation by the federal Minister with the territorial Minister, the Review Board, the first nations and the Tlicho Government, amend the schedule by adding, or by deleting, the name of any agency, other than a land and water board established by Part 3 or 4, that exercises regulatory powers pursuant to territorial or federal laws and that is not subject to specific control or direction by a minister of the federal or territorial government or the Governor in Council.
(2) Policy directions of general application governing an agency, or the power to approve, vary or rescind an agency’s decisions, do not constitute specific control or direction for the purposes of subsection (1).
- 1998, c. 25, s. 144;
- 2005, c. 1, s. 91.
ENVIRONMENTAL MONITORING AND AUDIT
145. The definitions in this section apply in this Part.
“impact on the environment”
« répercussions environnementales »
“impact on the environment” has the same meaning as in Part 5.
« autorité compétente »
“responsible authority” means the person or body designated by the regulations as the responsible authority or, in the absence of a designation, the federal Minister.
Marginal note:Cumulative environmental impact
146. The responsible authority shall, subject to the regulations, analyze data collected by it, scientific data, traditional knowledge and other pertinent information for the purpose of monitoring the cumulative impact on the environment of concurrent and sequential uses of land and water and deposits of waste in the Mackenzie Valley.
Marginal note:Consultation with first nations and Tlicho Government
147. (1) A responsible authority that is a minister of the Crown in right of Canada shall carry out the functions referred to in section 146 in consultation with the first nations and the Tlicho Government.
Marginal note:Role of first nations and Tlicho Government
(2) Where a responsible authority is other than a minister of the Crown in right of Canada, the Gwich’in and Sahtu First Nations and the Tlicho Government are entitled to participate in the functions referred to in section 146 in the manner provided by the regulations.
- 1998, c. 25, s. 147;
- 2005, c. 1, s. 92.
- Date modified: