Marginal note:Pending applications for licences
155. (1) An application made before the coming into force of sections 54 and 56 or of section 99 under the Northwest Territories Waters Act in respect of a use of waters or deposit of waste in a settlement area or in another portion of the Mackenzie Valley, as the case may be, shall be disposed of under that Act as it read at the time of the application where a notice of hearing was published in respect of the application under subsection 23(2) of that Act before the coming into force of that section.
(2) A licence or an amendment thereto or renewal thereof issued pursuant to subsection (1) is deemed to have been issued by the appropriate board under Part 3 or 4, as the case may be.
Marginal note:Where no notice of hearing
(3) Where a notice of hearing was not issued under subsection 23(2) of the Northwest Territories Waters Act in respect of an application referred to in subsection (1), the application shall be disposed of by the appropriate board under Part 3 or 4, as the case may be.
Marginal note:Transfer of records
(4) The Northwest Territories Water Board shall transfer to the boards established by Parts 3 and 4 its records relating to applications to which subsection (3) applies and shall provide those boards with any other information in its possession that is required by them in the consideration of those applications.
Marginal note:Permit outside jurisdiction of boards
156. Where a use of land is proposed, prior to the coming into force of section 99, in a portion of the Mackenzie Valley not within a settlement area, that would but for this section require a permit under Part 3, an application shall be made for a permit under the regulations made pursuant to the Territorial Lands Act as if the regulations under Part 3 did not apply in that portion of the Mackenzie Valley.
157. (1) A person acting, before the coming into force of section 84, as an inspector for the purposes of regulations made pursuant to the Territorial Lands Act is deemed to be an inspector designated under that section.
Marginal note:Existing permits
(2) In relation to permits applicable in the Mackenzie Valley issued under regulations made pursuant to the Territorial Lands Act, an inspector designated pursuant to section 84 may exercise the powers of inspection conferred by those regulations.
Marginal note:Application of Part 5
157.1 Part 5 does not apply in respect of any licence, permit or other authorization related to an undertaking that is the subject of a licence or permit issued before June 22, 1984, except a licence, permit or other authorization for an abandonment, decommissioning or other significant alteration of the project.
- Date modified: