Marginal note:Decision by majority
21. (1) A decision of a majority of the members of a board present at a meeting is a decision of the board.
Marginal note:Participation by telephone
(2) Subject to the by-laws of a board, any member may participate in a meeting by means of telephone or other communications facilities that are likely to enable all persons participating in the meeting to hear each other, and a member so participating is deemed to be present at the meeting.
Marginal note:Government information
22. Subject to any other federal or territorial law and to any Tlicho law, a board may obtain from any department or agency of the federal or territorial government or the Tlicho Government any information in the possession of the department or agency or the Tlicho Government that the board requires for the performance of its functions.
- 1998, c. 25, s. 22;
- 2005, c. 1, s. 25.
Marginal note:Enforcement of orders
23. A decision or order of a board may be made an order of the Supreme Court of the Northwest Territories by the filing of a certified copy of it with the registrar of the Court, and a decision or order so filed is enforceable in the same manner as an order of that Court.
24. In addition to hearings that a board is authorized or required to hold under this Act, a board may conduct any hearings that it considers to be desirable for the purpose of carrying out any of its functions.
- 1998, c. 25, s. 24;
- 2005, c. 1, s. 26;
- 2014, c. 2, s. 125(F).
24.1 A board shall coordinate its activities, including hearings, with the activities of
(a) other boards;
(b) departments and agencies of the federal government that have responsibility for the administration, management and control of parks to which the Canada National Parks Act applies or lands acquired pursuant to the Historic Sites and Monuments Act;
(c) committees established under any of the land claim agreements for the management of parks to which the Canada National Parks Act applies;
(d) committees, or similar bodies, established for the management of protected areas as defined in any of the land claim agreements;
(e) renewable resources boards established under any of the land claim agreements; and
(f) land use planning bodies established for Wekeezhii or any part of Wekeezhii.
- 2005, c. 1, s. 26;
- 2014, c. 2, s. 126(F).
- Date modified: