Mackenzie Valley Resource Management Act
Marginal note:Establishment of additional panels
(2) The area of the Mackenzie Valley in which such a regional panel has jurisdiction shall be specified by the Governor in Council, following consultation with affected first nations, and subsections 102(2) and 103(2) to (5) apply in relation to that area with such modifications as are required.
(3) The members of such a regional panel shall be appointed by the federal Minister and must include one of the members of the Board referred to in paragraph 99(4)(a) and one of the members referred to in paragraph 99(4)(b) or (c).
(4) The chairperson of such a regional panel shall be appointed by the federal Minister from persons nominated by a majority of the members of the regional panel.
Marginal note:Appointment by federal Minister
(5) If a majority of the members do not nominate a person acceptable to the federal Minister within a reasonable time, the Minister may appoint any person as chairperson.
Marginal note:Absence or incapacity of chairperson
(6) A regional panel established under this section may designate a member to act as chairperson during the absence or incapacity of the chairperson or a vacancy in the office of chairperson, and that person may exercise the powers and shall perform the duties of the chairperson while so acting.
Marginal note:Members of Board
(7) The chairperson and the members of such a regional panel who are not already members of the Board become members of the Board on their appointment to the regional panel.
(8) A notice of the establishment of a regional panel under this section shall be published in a newspaper circulated in the Mackenzie Valley.
- Date modified: