Assented to 2011-12-15
An Act to reorganize the Canadian Wheat Board and to make consequential and related amendments to certain Acts
Her Majesty, by and with the advice and consent of the Senate and House of Commons of Canada, enacts as follows:
Marginal note:Short title
PART 1Operations of the Canadian Wheat Board During Preliminary Period
Amendments to the Canadian Wheat Board Act
12 [Transitional Provision]
13 [Transitional Provision]
PART 2Voluntary Pooling
Enactment of Canadian Wheat Board (Interim Operations) Act
Consequential and Related Amendments
Advance Payments for Crops Act
Agricultural Marketing Programs Act
Agricultural Products Cooperative Marketing Act
An Act to amend the Canada Grain Act and the Agriculture and Agri-Food Administrative Monetary Penalties Act and to repeal the Grain Futures Act
Canada Grain Act
Farm Products Agencies Act
Livestock Feed Assistance Act
Prairie Grain Advance Payments Act
Coming into Force
Marginal note:Order in council
Return to footnote *[Note: Part 2 in force August 1, 2012, see SI/2011-120.]
PART 3Commercialization of the Canadian Wheat Board
board means the board of directors of the Corporation as defined in subection 2(1) of the Canadian Wheat Board (Interim Operations) Act. (conseil)
Corporation means the Canadian Wheat Board continued by subsection 4(1) of the Canadian Wheat Board (Interim Operations) Act. (Commission)
Minister means the Minister of Agriculture and Agri-Food. (ministre)
Marginal note:Words and expressions
Marginal note:Submission to Minister
(2) The application must be submitted to the Minister within four years, or any shorter period specified by the Minister, after the day on which this Part comes into force.
Marginal note:Submission to applicable authorities
(3) Once the application has been approved by the Minister, the Corporation must submit the application to the applicable authorities under the relevant Act.
Marginal note:Application not invalid
(4) The application is not invalid solely because the Corporation is incorporated by an Act of Parliament.
43 The Corporation is not entitled to apply for continuance in another jurisdiction.
Coming into Force
Marginal note:Simultaneous coming into force
Return to footnote *[Note: Part 3 in force August 1, 2012, see SI/2011-120.]
Ceasing to Have Effect
Marginal note:Ceasing to have effect
45 This Part ceases to have effect on the day on which Part 4 applies.
PART 4Dissolution of the Canadian Wheat Board
Marginal note:Application of Part
46 This Part applies only if the Corporation is not continued under Part 3 within five years, or any shorter period specified by the Governor in Council, after the day on which that Part comes into force.
Final Pool Period
Marginal note:Final pool period
47 (1) The Minister must, by order, in respect of each grain, designate one or more pool periods set by the Corporation under section 27 of the Canadian Wheat Board (Interim Operations) Act as a final pool period for the purposes of winding up the Corporation.
Marginal note:Final payment
(2) The Corporation must make all payments due under subsection 29(3) of the Canadian Wheat Board (Interim Operations) Act in respect of the final pool period before winding up the Corporation under section 48.
Marginal note:Exercising powers
(3) After the end of the final pool period, the Corporation may exercise its powers under the Canadian Wheat Board (Interim Operations) Act only for the purpose of administering that pool period and winding up the Corporation.
Distribution of Assets
Marginal note:Distribution of property
- Date modified: