Farm Products Agencies Act
Livestock Feed Assistance Act
Prairie Grain Advance Payments Act
Coming into Force
Marginal note:Order in council
Return to footnote *[Note: Part 2 in force August 1, 2012, see SI/2011-120.]
COMMERCIALIZATION OF THE CANADIAN WHEAT BOARD
41. (1) The following definitions apply in this Part and in Parts 4 and 5.
« conseil »
“board” means the board of directors of the Corporation as defined in subection 2(1) of the Canadian Wheat Board (Interim Operations) Act.
« Commission »
“Corporation” means the Canadian Wheat Board continued by subsection 4(1) of the Canadian Wheat Board (Interim Operations) Act.
« ministre »
“Minister” means the Minister of Agriculture and Agri-Food.
Marginal note:Words and expressions
(2) Unless it is otherwise provided, words and expressions used in this Part or in Part 4 or 5 have the same meaning as in the Canadian Wheat Board (Interim Operations) Act.
Marginal note:Submission to Minister
42. (1) The Corporation must submit an application for continuance under one of the following Acts for the Minister’s approval:
(2) The application must be submitted to the Minister within four years, or any shorter period specified by the Minister, after the day on which this Part comes into force.
Marginal note:Submission to applicable authorities
(3) Once the application has been approved by the Minister, the Corporation must submit the application to the applicable authorities under the relevant Act.
Marginal note:Application not invalid
(4) The application is not invalid solely because the Corporation is incorporated by an Act of Parliament.
- Date modified: