24 (1) Each museum may engage such officers, employees and agents and such technical and professional advisers as it considers necessary for the proper conduct of its activities and may fix the terms and conditions of their engagement.
Marginal note:Not part of public service
(2) Subject to subsections (3) to (5), the trustees, officers, employees and agents of a museum are not part of the federal public administration.
(3) The officers and employees of a museum shall be deemed to be employed in the public service for the purposes of the Public Service Superannuation Act and the museum shall be deemed to be a Public Service corporation for the purposes of section 37 of that Act.
(4) The Public Service Superannuation Act does not apply to a trustee, other than a trustee who is in receipt of a salary fixed by Parliament, the Governor in Council or the Treasury Board, unless, in the case of any one of them, the Governor in Council otherwise directs.
(5) The trustees, officers and employees of a museum shall be deemed to be employees for the purposes of the Government Employees Compensation Act and to be employed in the federal public administration for the purposes of any regulation made pursuant to section 9 of the Aeronautics Act.
- 1990, c. 3, s. 24;
- 2003, c. 22, ss. 224(E), 225(E).
Marginal note:Pre-establishment contracts
24.1 (1) As of the date of its establishment under this Act, each museum shall be bound by any deed, contract or agreement entered into on its behalf by the Minister before its establishment and shall be entitled to the benefits of any such deed, contract or agreement and the Minister shall cease to be bound.
Marginal note:Not retroactive
(2) Subsection (1) does not apply to any museum already established by this Act on the day on which that subsection comes into force.
- 2008, c. 9, s. 4.
Marginal note:Head office
25 The head office of each museum shall be in such place in Canada as the Governor in Council may, by order, specify.
Marginal note:Agent of Her Majesty
26 Each museum is, for all purposes of this Act, an agent of Her Majesty in right of Canada.
Marginal note:Restriction on directives
Marginal note:Regulations not applicable
(2) No regulation made pursuant to subsection 114(4) of the Financial Administration Act prescribing the content of by-laws applies to a museum with respect to cultural activities, including the matters referred to in paragraphs (1)(a) to (c).
Marginal note:Disposal of real property
- Date modified: