26. [Repealed, 2000, c. 12, s. 177]
MEMBERS OF PARLIAMENT RETIREMENT COMPENSATION ARRANGEMENTS
Establishment of Account
Marginal note:Compensation Arrangements Account
27. (1) There is hereby established in the accounts of Canada an account to be known as the Members of Parliament Retirement Compensation Arrangements Account to which shall be credited
(a) the contributions paid pursuant to sections 31, 33 and 47;
(b) the interest paid in accordance with section 33;
(c) the amounts referred to in section 28; and
(d) the amounts credited to that Account pursuant to subsection 3(2).
Marginal note:Allowances paid out of C.R.F. and charged to Account
(2) All allowances and other benefits payable under this Part or Part III and all supplementary benefits payable in respect of those allowances or benefits under Part IV shall be paid out of the Consolidated Revenue Fund and charged to the Compensation Arrangements Account.
- R.S., 1985, c. M-5, s. 27;
- 1992, c. 46, s. 81;
- 2001, c. 20, s. 20.
Marginal note:Amounts credited to Account
28. (1) The following amounts are required, pursuant to paragraph 27(1)(c), to be credited to the Compensation Arrangements Account in each fiscal year:
(a) in respect of every month, an amount equal to the amount estimated by the Minister to be required to provide for the costs of all allowances, supplementary benefits and other benefits that have accrued in respect of that month and that will become chargeable against the Compensation Arrangements Account; and
(b) an amount representing interest on the balance from time to time to the credit of the Compensation Arrangements Account, calculated and credited in accordance with subsection (2).
Marginal note:Determination of amount
(1.1) The amount referred to in paragraph (1)(b) is to be credited to the Compensation Arrangements Account in respect of each quarter in each fiscal year on the last day of the quarter and is to be determined by multiplying an amount equal to the balance to the credit of the Account on the last day of the preceding quarter by the rate referred to in subsection (1.2).
(1.2) The rate for the purpose of subsection (1.1) is the effective quarterly rate derived from the valuation interest rate for the calendar year that is set out in the most recent valuation report for this Act that is laid before the Senate and the House of Commons under section 9 of the Public Pensions Reporting Act.
(2) There shall be credited to the Compensation Arrangements Account in each calendar year an amount equal to the amount, if any, determined at the end of the year to be refundable for the year in respect of that Account under subsection 207.7(2) of the Income Tax Act.
- R.S., 1985, c. M-5, s. 28;
- 1992, c. 46, s. 81;
- 2012, c. 22, s. 21.
- Date modified: