MINISTERS OF STATE FOR MINISTRIES OF STATE
Marginal note:Ministers of State for ministries of State
7. (1) Over each ministry of State established pursuant to section 2, a minister of State for that ministry appointed by commission under the Great Seal shall preside.
(2) The minister of State for a ministry of State holds office during pleasure and has the management and direction of the ministry.
- R.S., c. 14(2nd Supp.), s. 19.
8. The Governor in Council may appoint an officer called a Secretary to hold office during pleasure and to be the chief executive officer of a ministry of State.
- R.S., c. 14(2nd Supp.), s. 20.
Marginal note:Powers, duties and functions of minister
9. In addition to the powers, duties and functions specified in the proclamation establishing a ministry of State, the powers, duties and functions of the minister for that ministry extend to and include such other matters as are assigned or transferred to the minister or the ministry by or pursuant to any Act of Parliament.
- R.S., c. 14(2nd Supp.), s. 21.
Marginal note:Annual report
10. The minister for a ministry of State shall, on or before the 31st day of January next following the end of each fiscal year or, if Parliament is not then sitting, on any of the first five days next thereafter that either House of Parliament is sitting, submit to Parliament a report showing the operations for that fiscal year of the ministry over which he presides.
- R.S., c. 14(2nd Supp.), s. 22.
OTHER MINISTERS OF STATE
11. (1) A minister of State appointed by commission under the Great Seal, other than a minister who presides over a ministry of State, may be assigned by the Governor in Council to assist any minister or ministers having responsibilities for any department or other portion of the federal public administration in the carrying out of those responsibilities.
Marginal note:Powers, duties and functions
(2) A minister of State referred to in subsection (1) shall exercise or perform such of the powers, duties or functions of any minister or ministers having responsibilities for any department or other portion of the federal public administration as may be assigned or transferred to him pursuant to any Act of Parliament.
- R.S., 1985, c. M-8, s. 11;
- 2003, c. 22, s. 224(E).
Marginal note:Services and facilities
12. A minister of State referred to in section 11, in providing the assistance or in exercising or performing the powers, duties or functions mentioned therein, shall make use of the services and facilities of the department or portion of the federal public administration concerned.
- R.S., 1985, c. M-8, s. 12;
- 2003, c. 22, s. 224(E).
- Date modified: