Marginal note:Publication of information about contraventions
31.3 (1) For the purpose of encouraging compliance with this Act and the regulations, the Minister shall maintain, in a registry accessible to the public, information about all convictions of corporations for offences under this Act.
(2) Information in the registry is to be maintained for a minimum of five years.
- 2009, c. 14, s. 40.
31.4 (1) The Minister shall, 10 years after the day on which this section comes into force and every 10 years after that, undertake a review of sections 24 to 31.3.
Marginal note:Report to Parliament
(2) The Minister shall, no later than one year after the day on which the review is undertaken, cause a report on the review to be tabled in each House of Parliament.
- 2009, c. 14, s. 40.
MITIGATION OF ENVIRONMENTAL DAMAGE
Marginal note:Pollution clean-up
32. (1) Where a substance that is capable of degrading the natural environment, injuring fauna, flora or cultural resources or endangering human health is discharged or deposited in a park, any person who has charge, management or control of the substance shall take reasonable measures to prevent any degradation of the natural environment and any danger to the fauna, flora or cultural resources or to persons that may result from the discharge or deposit.
Marginal note:Powers of superintendent and Minister
(2) If the superintendent of a park is of the opinion that a person is not taking the measures required by subsection (1), the superintendent may direct the person to take those measures and, if the person fails to do so, the Minister may direct those measures to be taken on behalf of Her Majesty in right of Canada.
Marginal note:Expenses of clean-up
(3) A person who fails to comply with a direction given by a superintendent under subsection (2) is liable for the expenses reasonably incurred by Her Majesty in right of Canada in taking the measures directed, and those expenses may be recovered from that person, with costs, in proceedings brought in the name of Her Majesty in any court of competent jurisdiction.
Marginal note:Preparation of community plan
33. (1) A community plan for each park community shall be tabled in each House of Parliament as soon as possible after this section comes into force, accompanied in the case of the town of Banff by any zoning by-laws made under the agreement referred to in section 35.
Marginal note:Contents of community plan
(2) A community plan for a park community must
(a) be consistent with the management plan for the park in which the park community is located;
(b) accord with any guidelines established by the Minister for appropriate activities within the park community;
(c) provide a strategy for the management of growth within the park community; and
(d) be consistent with principles of
(i) no net negative environmental impact, and
(ii) responsible environmental stewardship and heritage conservation.
Marginal note:Elements to be included
(3) A community plan, or the zoning by-laws referred to in subsection (1) and tabled with it, must include
(a) a description of the lands comprising the park community;
(b) a description of the lands comprising the commercial zones of the park community; and
(c) a measure of the maximum floor area permitted within the commercial zones of the park community.
Marginal note:Amendment of Schedule 4
(4) Subject to section 34, the Governor in Council may, by order, add the description of a park community, the description of its commercial zones and a measure of their maximum floor area referred to in subsection (3) to columns 2, 3 and 4, respectively, of Schedule 4, opposite the name of the community set out in column 1 of that Schedule, but any description or measure so added is not subject to amendment by the Governor in Council.
Marginal note:Leases, licences, etc.
(5) No lease or licence of occupation may be granted, and no permit, licence or other authorization may be issued, authorizing a commercial use of lands within a commercial zone of a park community if the maximum floor area for commercial zones specified for that park community in Schedule 4 would be exceeded as a result of that use.
- 2000, c. 32, s. 33;
- 2015, c. 3, s. 19(F).
- Date modified: