Marginal note:For greater certainty
9. For greater certainty, nothing in this Act, by specific mention or omission, limits in any manner the right of Parliament to enact legislation to implement any provision of the Agreement or fulfil any of the obligations of the Government of Canada under the Agreement.
IMPLEMENTATION OF AGREEMENT GENERALLY
Approval of Agreement
Marginal note:Agreement approved
10. The Agreement is hereby approved.
Designation of Minister
Marginal note:Order designating Minister
11. The Governor in Council may, by order, designate any member of the Queen’s Privy Council for Canada to be the Minister for the purposes of any provision of this Act.
Free Trade Commission
Marginal note:Free Trade Commission
12. The Governor in Council may appoint any member of the Queen’s Privy Council for Canada to be a representative of Canada on the Free Trade Commission.
Marginal note:Payment of expenditures
13. The Government of Canada shall pay its appropriate share of the aggregate of any expenditures incurred by or on behalf of the Free Trade Commission.
Canadian Section of Secretariat
Marginal note:Canadian Section of Secretariat
14. The Canadian Section of the Secretariat is established within the Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade for the purpose of facilitating the operation of the Agreement, including the work of panels, committees and scientific review boards that may be established in accordance with the Agreement.
- 1993, c. 44, s. 14;
- 2010, c. 12, s. 1776.
(2) The Secretary is responsible for fulfilling the mandate of the Section. In doing so, the Secretary shall
(a) provide assistance to the Free Trade Commission;
(b) provide administrative assistance to panels and committees established under Chapter Nineteen of the Agreement and panels established under Chapter Twenty of the Agreement;
(c) support — as the Free Trade Commission may direct — the work of other committees and groups established under the Agreement;
(d) otherwise facilitate — as the Free Trade Commission may direct — the operation of the Agreement; and
(e) supervise and direct the work of the Section.
- 1993, c. 44, s. 15;
- 2003, c. 22, s. 225(E);
- 2010, c. 12, s. 1777.
- Date modified: