Panels, Committees and Scientific Review Boards
Marginal note:Appointments to roster
17. The Governor in Council may, in accordance with a consensus reached under Article 1124, 1414 or 2009 of the Agreement, appoint any person to be a member of the roster established under that Article.
Marginal note:Appointments to certain committees
18. The Minister may appoint any person to be a representative of Canada on any committee referred to in Section A of Annex 2001.2 of the Agreement.
Marginal note:Costs of panels, committees and scientific review boards
19. The Government of Canada shall, in accordance with Annex 2002.2 of the Agreement, pay the costs of or its appropriate share of the costs of
(a) the remuneration and expenses payable to panelists, members of committees, including persons appointed under section 18, and members of scientific review boards;
(b) the remuneration and expenses payable to assistants; and
(c) the general expenses incurred by panels, committees and scientific review boards.
Orders and Regulations
Marginal note:Regulations re Articles 312 and 313
20. (1) The Governor in Council may, where the Governor in Council is of the opinion that, for the purpose of giving effect in a province to Articles 312 and 313 of the Agreement, regulations are necessary in relation to any matter dealt with by those Articles, make regulations for that purpose including, without limiting the generality of the foregoing, regulations requiring or prohibiting the doing of anything in relation to which a regulation may be made under this subsection and prescribing penalties for the contravention of any such regulation.
Marginal note:Applicability of regulations in respect of a province
(2) A regulation made under subsection (1) shall not come into force in respect of a province if the Governor in Council is of the opinion that the province has, by or under provincial law, enacted provisions or is carrying on practices that are in conformity with the portion of Articles 312 and 313 of the Agreement in respect of which the regulation is made.
Marginal note:Consultation with provincial governments
(3) The Minister shall consult with the government of a province prior to the making of a regulation under subsection (1) in respect of that province.
(4) A regulation made under subsection (1) or any provision thereof shall cease to be in force in respect of a province on a day or days to be fixed, in respect of that province, by order of the Governor in Council.
Marginal note:Binding on province
(5) A regulation made under subsection (1) in respect of a province is binding on Her Majesty in right of that province.
- Date modified: