Decisions of the Tribunal
159. The costs relating to an application to or a hearing before the Tribunal that are incurred by the parties are in the discretion of the Tribunal and the Tribunal may, by order, award such costs on or before the final disposition of the application.
Marginal note:Reasons for decisions
160. The Tribunal shall give written reasons for every decision that it makes in relation to an application.
161. As soon as practicable after making a decision in relation to an application, the Tribunal shall give copies of the decision and the reasons for it to the parties.
Marginal note:Proof of orders
162. A document purporting to be an order or other decision of the Tribunal, or to be certified by the Chairperson of the Tribunal or any other person authorized by the by-laws as a true copy of such a decision, is evidence of the making of the decision and of its contents, without proof of the signature or official character of the person appearing to have signed the decision or certified the copy.
Marginal note:Order binding on successor
163. An order of the Tribunal is binding on, and the rights and obligations under it extend to, any person who subsequently acquires the ownership of or other interest or right in the land that is subject to the order and, in the case of an entry order, the right of access and the right for which the right of access was acquired.
Marginal note:Enforcement of orders
164. (1) An order of the Tribunal may be made an order of the Nunavut Court of Justice by filing a certified copy of the order with the registrar of the Court and the order is enforceable in the same manner as an order of that Court.
Marginal note:Wildlife compensation orders
(2) At the request of a claimant, the Tribunal shall file a certified copy of an order made under section 155 with the registrar of the Nunavut Court of Justice.
Marginal note:Assistance by Tribunal
165. The Tribunal may provide assistance in the enforcement of an order made under section 155.
Review of Orders
Marginal note:Findings of fact
(a) on any question of fact within its jurisdiction; and
(b) in an application under section 155, on any question in relation to loss or damage described in subsection 153(1).
- 2002, c. 10, ss. 166, 201.
- Date modified: