MEMBERS OF THE BOARD
Marginal note:Appointment of Chairperson and Vice-Chairperson
4. (1) The Chairperson and Vice-Chairperson of the Board shall be appointed by the Governor in Council for such terms, not exceeding four years each, as are fixed by the Governor in Council.
Marginal note:Appointment of other members
(2) Each of the members of the Board, other than the Chairperson and Vice-Chairperson and the mayors referred to in section 3, shall be appointed by the Governor in Council for a term not exceeding four years.
Marginal note:Eligibility for re-appointment
(3) A person who has served two consecutive terms as Chairperson of the Board, as Vice-Chairperson thereof or as a member appointed under subsection (2) is not, during the twelve months following the completion of the second term, eligible to be re-appointed to the Board in the capacity in which that person served.
Marginal note:Vacancy in membership
(4) A vacancy in the membership of the Board does not impair the right of the remaining members to act.
- R.S., 1985, c. N-3, s. 4;
- 1995, c. 29, ss. 52, 53(E);
- 2006, c. 9, s. 282.
5. (1) Each member of the Board, other than a member who is in receipt of a salary fixed by the Governor in Council, shall be paid by the Corporation, for each day the member attends any meeting of the Board or of any committee of the Board, such remuneration as is fixed by by-law of the Board.
(2) Each member of the Board is entitled to be paid by the Corporation such travel and living expenses incurred by the member in connection with the performance of his duties as are fixed by by-law of the Board.
- R.S., c. N-2, s. 5.
Marginal note:President of the Centre
6. (1) There shall be a President of the Centre to be appointed by the Board to hold office for a term not exceeding five years.
(2) A person appointed as President is eligible for re-appointment.
(3) The President shall be paid by the Corporation such salary as is fixed by the Governor in Council.
- R.S., 1985, c. N-3, s. 6;
- 2001, c. 34, s. 55.
Marginal note:President chief executive officer
7. (1) The President is the chief executive officer of the Corporation and has supervision over and direction of the work and staff of the Corporation.
Marginal note:Acting President
(2) If the President is absent or unable to perform the duties of the office of President or that office is vacant, the Board may authorize an officer of the Corporation to act as President.
- R.S., 1985, c. N-3, s. 7;
- 2001, c. 34, ss. 55, 56(F).
- Date modified: