OFFICERS AND EMPLOYEES
8. The Corporation may employ such officers and employees and such technical and professional advisers as the Corporation considers necessary for the proper conduct of its activities, at such remuneration and on such other terms and conditions as it deems fit.
- R.S., c. N-2, s. 8.
OBJECTS AND POWERS OF THE CORPORATION
Marginal note:Objects of Corporation
9. (1) The objects of the Corporation are to operate and maintain the Centre, to develop the performing arts in the National Capital Region described in the schedule to the National Capital Act and to assist the Canada Council for the Arts in the development of the performing arts elsewhere in Canada.
(2) In furtherance of its objects, but without limiting the generality of subsection (1), the Corporation may
(a) arrange for and sponsor performing arts activities at the Centre;
(b) encourage and assist in the development of performing arts companies resident at the Centre;
(c) arrange for or sponsor radio and television broadcasts from the Centre and the showing of films in the Centre;
(d) provide accommodation at the Centre, on such terms and conditions as the Corporation may fix, for national and local organizations the objects of which include the development and encouragement of the performing arts in Canada; and
(e) at the request of the Government of Canada or the Canada Council for the Arts, arrange for performances elsewhere in Canada by performing arts companies, whether resident or non-resident in Canada, and arrange for performances outside Canada by performing arts companies resident in Canada.
- R.S., 1985, c. N-3, s. 9;
- 2001, c. 34, s. 16.
Marginal note:Powers of Corporation
10. In carrying out its objects under this Act, the Corporation may
(a) acquire real, personal, movable and immovable property, including securities, and hold, manage or dispose of them as the Corporation may determine;
(a.1) lease as lessee real, personal, movable and immovable property;
(b) acquire by gift, bequest or devise real, personal, movable and immovable property and, despite anything in this Act, expend, administer or dispose of any such property, subject to the terms, if any, on which it was given, bequeathed or devised to the Corporation;
(c) operate restaurants, lounges, parking facilities, shops and other facilities in the Centre, for the use of the public, and lease or otherwise make available, on such terms and conditions as the Corporation sees fit, any such facilities or space therefor;
(d) expend any moneys appropriated by Parliament for the purposes of the Corporation or received by the Corporation from its operation of the Centre, including any moneys received by it from leasing or otherwise making available any facilities or space referred to in paragraph (c); and
(e) generally, do and authorize such things as the Corporation may deem necessary for the attainment of the objects and the exercise of the powers of the Corporation.
- R.S., 1985, c. N-3, s. 10;
- 2001, c. 4, s. 101;
- 2004, c. 25, s. 146(F).
- Date modified: