OIL AND GAS COMMITTEE
Marginal note:Oil and Gas Committee
6. (1) The Governor in Council may establish a committee to be known as the Oil and Gas Committee, which shall consist of five members, not more than three of whom shall be employees in the federal public administration.
Marginal note:Ministerial direction
(2) The Committee shall be under the direction of
(a) the Minister of Indian Affairs and Northern Development in relation to any area in respect of which that Minister has administrative responsibility for the natural resources therein; and
(b) the Minister of Natural Resources in relation to any area in respect of which that Minister has administrative responsibility for the natural resources therein.
Marginal note:Appointment of members and chairman
(3) The members of the Committee shall be appointed by the Governor in Council to hold office for a term of three years, and one member shall be designated as chairman for such term as may be fixed by the Governor in Council.
Marginal note:Re-appointment permitted
(4) A retiring chairman or retiring member may be re-appointed to the Committee in the same or another capacity.
- R.S., 1985, c. O-7, s. 6;
- 1994, c. 41, s. 37;
- 2003, c. 22, s. 224(E).
Marginal note:Qualification of members
7. (1) The Governor in Council shall appoint as members of the Committee at least two persons who appear to the Governor in Council to have specialized, expert or technical knowledge of oil and gas.
Marginal note:Departmental personnel and assistance
(2) Persons employed in any division, branch or bureau of the Department of Indian Affairs and Northern Development, or the Department of Natural Resources, that is designated by order of the Minister concerned as the division, branch or bureau charged with the day-to-day administration and management of oil and gas resources for the Department, are not eligible to be members of the Committee, but the Ministers concerned may each designate one officer from any such division, branch or bureau who shall act as secretaries to the Committee.
(3) The Minister of Indian Affairs and Northern Development and the Minister of Natural Resources shall provide the Committee with such officers, clerks and employees as may be necessary for the proper conduct of the affairs of the Committee, and may provide the Committee with such professional or technical assistance for temporary periods or for specific work as the Committee may request, but no such assistance shall be provided otherwise than from the federal public administration except with the approval of the Treasury Board.
(4) The members of the Committee who are not employees in the federal public administration shall be paid such remuneration as may be authorized by the Governor in Council.
(5) The members of the Committee are entitled to be paid reasonable travel and living expenses while absent from their ordinary place of residence in the course of their duties.
- R.S., 1985, c. O-7, s. 7;
- 1994, c. 41, ss. 37, 38;
- 2003, c. 22, s. 224(E).
- Date modified: