Marginal note:Pooled spacing unit included in unit area
48. (1) A pooled spacing unit that has been pooled pursuant to a pooling order and on which a well has been drilled may be included in a unit area as a single unit tract and the Committee may make such amendments to the pooling order as it deems necessary to remove any conflict between the provisions of the pooling order and the provisions of the unit agreement, or the unit operating agreement or the unitization order, if any.
Marginal note:Effect of including pooled spacing unit in unit area
(2) Where a pooled spacing unit is included in a unit area pursuant to subsection (1), the provisions of the unit agreement, the unit operating agreement and the unitization order, if any, prevail over the provisions of the pooling order in the event of a conflict.
(3) Notwithstanding subsection (2),
(a) the share of the unit production that is allocated to the pooled spacing unit shall in turn be allocated to the separately owned tracts in the pooled spacing unit on the same basis and in the same proportion as production actually obtained from the pooled spacing unit would have been shared under the pooling order;
(b) the costs and expenses of the unit operation that are allocated to the pooled spacing unit shall be shared and borne by the owners of the working interests therein on the same basis and in the same proportion as would apply under the pooling order; and
(c) the credits allocated under a unit operating agreement to a pooled spacing unit for adjustment of investment for wells and equipment thereon shall be shared by the owners of the working interests therein in the same proportion as would apply to the sharing of production under the pooling order.
- R.S., c. O-4, s. 37.
APPEALS AND ENFORCEMENT
Marginal note:Orders and decisions final
49. (1) Except as provided in this Act, every decision or order of the Committee is final and conclusive.
Marginal note:Decision or order defined
(2) Any minute or other record of the Committee or any document issued by the Committee, in the form of a decision or order, shall for the purposes of this section be deemed to be a decision or order of the Committee.
- R.S., c. O-4, s. 38;
- R.S., c. 10(2nd Supp.), s. 65.
Marginal note:Stated case for Federal Court
50. (1) The Committee may of its own motion, or at the request of the Minister, state a case, in writing, for the opinion of the Federal Court on any question that in the opinion of the Committee is a question of law or of the jurisdiction of the Committee.
Marginal note:Proceedings thereon
(2) The Federal Court shall hear and determine the case stated and remit the matter to the Committee with the opinion of the Court thereon.
- R.S., c. O-4, s. 39;
- R.S., c. 10(2nd Supp.), s. 64.
- Date modified: