Marginal note:Where order not complied with
14. Where any order made under section 13 directs some action to be taken and is not complied with within the period specified in the order for the taking of that action, the Board shall cause a copy of its order, a report of the circumstances and all documents relevant thereto to be laid before each House of Parliament within fifteen days after the expiration of the period or, if that House is not then sitting, on any of the first fifteen days next thereafter on which that House is sitting.
Marginal note:Powers of Board in proceedings
15. The Board has, in relation to the hearing or determination of any proceeding before it, power
(a) to summon and enforce the attendance of witnesses and compel them to give oral or written evidence on oath, and to produce such documents and things as the Board deems requisite to the full investigation and consideration of matters within its jurisdiction, in the same manner and to the same extent as a superior court of record;
(b) to administer oaths and solemn affirmations;
(c) to receive and accept such evidence and information on oath, affidavit or otherwise as in its discretion it sees fit, whether admissible in a court of law or not and, without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Board may refuse to accept any evidence that is not presented in the form and within the time prescribed;
(d) to require an employer to post and keep posted in appropriate places any notices that the Board deems necessary to bring to the attention of any employees any matter or proceeding before the Board;
(e) to enter on the premises of an employer for the purpose of conducting representation votes during working hours; and
(f) to authorize any person to do anything that the Board may do under paragraphs (b) to (e) and to require the person to report to the Board thereon.
Marginal note:Application of orders
16. Where under this Part the Board may make or issue any order or direction, prescribe any term or condition or do any other thing in relation to any person, the Board may do so, either generally or in any particular case or class of cases.
Marginal note:Review or amendment of orders
17. (1) Subject to subsection (2), the Board may review, rescind, amend, alter or vary any decision or order made by it, or may re-hear any application before making an order in respect thereof.
(2) Any rights acquired by virtue of any decision or order that is reviewed, rescinded, amended, altered or varied pursuant to subsection (1) shall not be altered or extinguished with effect from a day earlier than the day on which the review, rescission, amendment, alteration or variation is made.
Collective Bargaining and Collective Agreements
Certification of Bargaining Agents
Application for Certification
Marginal note:Application by employee organization
18. An employee organization seeking to be certified as bargaining agent for a group of employees that it considers constitutes a unit of employees appropriate for collective bargaining may, subject to section 21, apply in the manner prescribed to the Board for certification as bargaining agent for the proposed bargaining unit.
- Date modified: