Marginal note:Information Commissioner may be appointed as Privacy Commissioner
(2) In the event that the Information Commissioner is appointed in accordance with subsection (1) as Privacy Commissioner, the Privacy Commissioner shall, notwithstanding subsection 54(2), be paid the salary of the Information Commissioner but not the salary of the Privacy Commissioner.
- 1980-81-82-83, c. 111, Sch. II “55”.
Assistant Privacy Commissioner
Marginal note:Appointment of Assistant Privacy Commissioner
56. (1) The Governor in Council may, on the recommendation of the Privacy Commissioner, appoint one or more Assistant Privacy Commissioners.
Marginal note:Tenure of office and removal of Assistant Privacy Commissioner
(2) Subject to this section, an Assistant Privacy Commissioner holds office during good behaviour for a term not exceeding five years.
Marginal note:Further terms
(3) An Assistant Privacy Commissioner, on the expiration of a first or any subsequent term of office, is eligible to be re-appointed for a further term not exceeding five years.
- 1980-81-82-83, c. 111, Sch. II “56”;
- 1984, c. 40, s. 79(E).
Marginal note:Duties generally
57. (1) An Assistant Privacy Commissioner shall engage exclusively in such duties or functions of the office of the Privacy Commissioner under this Act or any other Act of Parliament as are delegated by the Privacy Commissioner to that Assistant Privacy Commissioner and shall not hold any other office under Her Majesty for reward or engage in any other employment for reward.
Marginal note:Salary and expenses
(2) An Assistant Privacy Commissioner is entitled to be paid a salary to be fixed by the Governor in Council and such travel and living expenses incurred in the performance of duties under this Act or any other Act of Parliament as the Privacy Commissioner considers reasonable.
Marginal note:Pension benefits
(3) The provisions of the Public Service Superannuation Act, other than those relating to tenure of office, apply to an Assistant Privacy Commissioner.
Marginal note:Other benefits
(4) An Assistant Privacy Commissioner is deemed to be employed in the public service of Canada for the purposes of the Government Employees Compensation Act and any regulations made under section 9 of the Aeronautics Act.
- 1980-81-82-83, c. 111, Sch. II “57”.
- Date modified: