Marginal note:Accident compensation
44. The Director and the employees of the Centre are deemed to be employees for the purposes of the Government Employees Compensation Act and to be employed in the federal public administration for the purposes of any regulations made under section 9 of the Aeronautics Act.
- 2000, c. 17, s. 44;
- 2003, c. 22, s. 224(E).
Marginal note:Director’s powers
45. (1) The Director is the chief executive officer of the Centre, has supervision over and direction of its work and employees and may exercise any power and perform any duty or function of the Centre. The Director has the rank and all the powers of a deputy head of a department.
Marginal note:Directions to authorized persons
(2) The Director may authorize any person to act, under the Director’s direction, for the purposes of sections 62 to 64.
46. An employee of the Centre may exercise any power and perform any duty or function of the Centre if the employee is appointed to serve in the Centre in a capacity appropriate to the exercise of the power or the performance of the duty or function.
47. The Director shall be paid the remuneration fixed by the Governor in Council.
Marginal note:Head office
Marginal note:Other offices
(2) The Director may, with the approval of the Minister, establish other offices of the Centre elsewhere in Canada.
49. (1) The Director has exclusive authority to
(a) appoint, lay off or terminate the employment of the employees of the Centre; and
(b) establish standards, procedures and processes governing staffing, including the appointment, lay-off or termination of the employment of employees otherwise than for cause.
Marginal note:Right of employer
(2) Nothing in the Public Service Labour Relations Act shall be construed so as to affect the right or authority of the Director to deal with the matters referred to in paragraph (1)(b).
Marginal note:Human resources management
(3) Subsections 11.1(1) and 12(2) of the Financial Administration Act do not apply to the Centre, and the Director may
(a) determine the organization of and classify the positions in the Centre;
(b) set the terms and conditions of employment for employees, including termination of employment for cause, and assign to them their duties;
(c) notwithstanding section 112 of the Public Service Labour Relations Act, in accordance with the mandate approved by the Treasury Board, fix the remuneration of the employees of the Centre; and
(d) provide for any other matters that the Director considers necessary for effective human resources management in the Centre.
- 2000, c. 17, s. 49;
- 2003, c. 22, ss. 190, 223(A).
- Date modified: