Reports — Commission
Marginal note:Preparation of report
23. (1) The Commission shall, as soon as possible after the end of each fiscal year, prepare and transmit to the minister designated by the Governor in Council for the purposes of this section a report for that fiscal year in respect of matters under its jurisdiction.
Marginal note:Tabling in Parliament
(2) The minister to whom the report is transmitted shall cause the report to be laid before each House of Parliament within the first fifteen days on which that House is sitting after the minister receives it.
Marginal note:Special reports
(3) The Commission may, at any time, make a special report to Parliament referring to and commenting on any matter within the scope of the powers and functions of the Commission where, in the opinion of the Commission, the matter is of such urgency or importance that a report on it should not be deferred until the time provided for transmission of the next annual report of the Commission.
Marginal note:Delegation by deputy head
24. (1) Subject to subsection (2), a deputy head may authorize any person to exercise or perform any of the powers and functions conferred on the deputy head by this Act.
Marginal note:Subdelegation by deputy head
(2) Where the Commission has authorized a deputy head under subsection 15(1) to exercise or perform any of the Commission’s powers and functions, the deputy head may — subject to the Commission’s approval and any terms and conditions specified under that subsection — authorize another person to exercise or perform any of those powers or functions, other than the power to revoke appointments.
Marginal note:Acting deputy head
25. In the absence of the deputy head of a department or other organization, the powers and functions of the deputy head may be exercised by the person designated by the deputy head to act in his or her absence or, if no person has been so designated or there is no deputy head,
(a) the person designated by the person who, under the Financial Administration Act, is the appropriate Minister with respect to that department or other organization; or
(b) any other person designated by the Governor in Council.
Regulations and Policies of Employer
Marginal note:Regulations of Treasury Board
(a) respecting deployments;
(b) defining the word “promotion” for the purposes of subsection 51(5);
(c) establishing periods of probation for the purposes of subsection 61(1) and notice periods for the purposes of subsection 62(1); and
(d) in respect of any occupational group or part of one, extending or changing to levels the provisions of this Act that apply to positions.
Marginal note:Policies of separate agencies
(2) A separate agency to which the Commission has exclusive authority to make appointments may make policies for the purposes referred to in subsection (1) in respect of the separate agency.
- Date modified: