Marginal note:Right of employer preserved
7. Nothing in this Act is to be construed as affecting the right or authority of the Treasury Board or a separate agency to determine the organization of those portions of the federal public administration for which it represents Her Majesty in right of Canada as employer or to assign duties to and to classify positions and persons employed in those portions of the federal public administration.
Division 3Consultation Committees and Co-Development
Marginal note:Consultation committee
8. Each deputy head must, in consultation with the bargaining agents representing employees in the portion of the federal public administration for which he or she is deputy head, establish a consultation committee consisting of representatives of the deputy head and the bargaining agents for the purpose of exchanging information and obtaining views and advice on issues relating to the workplace that affect those employees, which issues may include, among other things,
(a) harassment in the workplace; and
(b) the disclosure of information concerning wrongdoing in the public service and the protection from reprisal of employees who disclose such information.
Meaning of “co-development of workplace improvements”
9. For the purpose of this Division, “co-development of workplace improvements” means the consultation between the parties on workplace issues and their participation in the identification of workplace problems and the development and analysis of solutions to those problems with a view to adopting mutually agreed to solutions.
Marginal note:Co-development of workplace improvements
10. The employer and a bargaining agent, or a deputy head and a bargaining agent, may engage in co-development of workplace improvements.
Marginal note:National Joint Council
11. Co-development of workplace improvements by the employer and a bargaining agent may take place under the auspices of the National Joint Council or any other body they may agree on.
Division 4Public Service Labour Relations Board
Establishment and Composition
Marginal note:Board established
12. A Board is established, to be called the Public Service Labour Relations Board, consisting of a Chairperson, up to three Vice-Chairpersons and any other members that the Governor in Council may appoint.
13. The Board’s mandate is to provide adjudication services and mediation services in accordance with this Act.
- 2003, c. 22, s. 2 “13”;
- 2013, c. 40, s. 295.
Marginal note:Adjudication services
14. The adjudication services to be provided by the Board consist of the hearing of applications and complaints made under this Part, the referral of grievances to adjudication in accordance with Part 2 and the hearing of matters brought before the Board under Part 3.
- Date modified: