Marginal note:Right of employer preserved
7. Nothing in this Act is to be construed as affecting the right or authority of the Treasury Board or a separate agency to determine the organization of those portions of the federal public administration for which it represents Her Majesty in right of Canada as employer or to assign duties to and to classify positions and persons employed in those portions of the federal public administration.
Division 3Consultation Committees and Co-Development
Marginal note:Consultation committee
8. Each deputy head must, in consultation with the bargaining agents representing employees in the portion of the federal public administration for which he or she is deputy head, establish a consultation committee consisting of representatives of the deputy head and the bargaining agents for the purpose of exchanging information and obtaining views and advice on issues relating to the workplace that affect those employees, which issues may include, among other things,
(a) harassment in the workplace; and
(b) the disclosure of information concerning wrongdoing in the public service and the protection from reprisal of employees who disclose such information.
Meaning of “co-development of workplace improvements”
9. For the purpose of this Division, “co-development of workplace improvements” means the consultation between the parties on workplace issues and their participation in the identification of workplace problems and the development and analysis of solutions to those problems with a view to adopting mutually agreed to solutions.
Marginal note:Co-development of workplace improvements
10. The employer and a bargaining agent, or a deputy head and a bargaining agent, may engage in co-development of workplace improvements.
Marginal note:National Joint Council
11. (1) Co-development of workplace improvements by the employer and a bargaining agent may take place under the auspices of the National Joint Council or any other body they may agree on.
Marginal note:Facilities and administrative support
(2) The Chief Administrator of the Administrative Tribunals Support Service of Canada is to provide facilities and administrative support to the National Joint Council.
- 2003, c. 22, s. 2 “11”;
- 2014, c. 20, s. 481.
Division 4Public Service Labour Relations and Employment Board
Marginal note:Administration of Act
12. The Board administers this Act and it may exercise the powers and perform the duties and functions that are conferred or imposed on it by this Act, or as are incidental to the attainment of the objects of this Act, including the making of orders requiring compliance with this Act, with regulations made under it or with decisions made in respect of a matter coming before the Board.
- 2003, c. 22, s. 2 "12";
- 2013, c. 40, s. 367.
- Date modified: