Provision of Facilities and Human Resources
Marginal note:Facilities and human resources
249. The Board must provide members of arbitration boards, members of public interest commissions, mediators, adjudicators and persons seized of referrals under subsection 182(1) with the facilities and human resources that it considers necessary to enable them to carry out their functions under this Act.
Application of Safety or Security Provisions
Marginal note:Application of safety or security provisions
250. (1) Nothing in this Act or any other Act is to be construed as requiring the employer to do or refrain from doing anything that is contrary to any instruction, direction or regulation given or made by or on behalf of the Government of Canada in the interest of the safety or security of Canada or of any state allied or associated with Canada.
Marginal note:Order is conclusive proof
(2) For the purposes of subsection (1), an order made by the Governor in Council is conclusive proof of the matters stated in it in relation to the giving or making of any instruction, direction or regulation by or on behalf of the Government of Canada in the interest of the safety or security of Canada or any state allied or associated with Canada.
Marginal note:Obligation to prepare
251. (1) As soon as possible after the end of each fiscal year, the Board must prepare and submit to the Minister a report on the administration of this Act during the year.
Marginal note:Tabling in Parliament
(2) The Minister must cause the report to be tabled in each House of Parliament within the first 15 days on which that House is sitting after he or she receives it.
252. Five years after the day on which this section comes into force, the minister designated by the Governor in Council for the purposes of this section must cause a review of this Act and its administration and operation to be conducted, and cause a report on the review to be laid before each House of Parliament on any of the first 15 days on which that House is sitting after the review is completed.
- Date modified: