23. Every member and former member referred to in subsection 22(4)
(a) is to be paid the remuneration that may be determined by the Governor in Council; and
(b) is entitled to be paid reasonable travel and other expenses incurred by them in the course of their duties under this Act while absent from, in the case of full-time members, their ordinary place of work and, in the case of part-time members, their ordinary place of residence.
Application of Acts
Marginal note:Application of Public Service Superannuation Act
Marginal note:Application of other Acts
Head Office and Meetings
Marginal note:Head office
Marginal note:Time and place of meetings
27. (1) Meetings of the Board may be held at any date, time and place that the Chairperson considers appropriate for the proper conduct of the Board’s business.
Marginal note:Off-site participation
(2) A meeting of the Board may be held by any means of telecommunication that permits all persons participating in the meeting to communicate adequately with each other during the meeting. A person participating by such means is deemed to be present at the meeting.
28. The Chairperson, one Vice-Chairperson and a majority of the other full-time members of the Board constitute a quorum at a meeting of the Board.
Marginal note:Attendance of part-time members at meetings
29. A part-time member is not entitled to attend a meeting of the Board, but may attend at the invitation of the Chairperson.
Marginal note:Decision of majority
30. A decision of a majority of the Board’s members who are present at a Board meeting is a decision of the Board.
31. Proceedings brought before the Board under this Part are to be heard and determined by a panel of not less than three members, at least one of whom is the Chairperson or a Vice-Chairperson, or, if the Chairperson considers it appropriate in the circumstances, by a panel consisting of a single member.
- Date modified: