Marginal note:Time and place of meetings
27. (1) Meetings of the Board may be held at any date, time and place that the Chairperson considers appropriate for the proper conduct of the Board’s business.
Marginal note:Off-site participation
(2) A meeting of the Board may be held by any means of telecommunication that permits all persons participating in the meeting to communicate adequately with each other during the meeting. A person participating by such means is deemed to be present at the meeting.
28. The Chairperson, one Vice-Chairperson and a majority of the other full-time members of the Board constitute a quorum at a meeting of the Board.
Marginal note:Attendance of part-time members at meetings
29. A part-time member is not entitled to attend a meeting of the Board, but may attend at the invitation of the Chairperson.
Marginal note:Decision of majority
30. A decision of a majority of the Board’s members who are present at a Board meeting is a decision of the Board.
31. Proceedings brought before the Board under this Part are to be heard and determined by a panel of not less than three members, at least one of whom is the Chairperson or a Vice-Chairperson, or, if the Chairperson considers it appropriate in the circumstances, by a panel consisting of a single member.
Marginal note:Powers, rights and privileges
32. A panel has all the powers, rights and privileges of the Board with respect to any matter assigned to the panel under this Part.
Marginal note:Chairperson of the panel
33. The chairperson of a panel that consists of three or more members is the Chairperson or, if the Chairperson is not a member of the panel, a Vice-Chairperson designated by the Chairperson.
Marginal note:Death or incapacity of member
34. (1) In the event of the death or incapacity of a member of a panel consisting of three or more members, other than the death or incapacity of the chairperson, the chairperson may determine any matter that was before the panel and the chairperson’s decision is deemed to be the decision of the panel.
Marginal note:Death or incapacity of chairperson
(2) In the event of the death or incapacity of the chairperson of a panel, or of the member when the panel consists of a single member, the Chairperson must establish a new panel to hear and determine the matter on any terms and conditions that the Chairperson may specify for the protection and preservation of the rights and interests of the parties.
- Date modified: