Marginal note:Computation of benefit under subsection 13(1)
18. Where a person is entitled to a benefit under subsection 13(1) and exercises an option under section 16 or 17, the number of years of pensionable service to his credit shall, for the purpose of computing the benefit to which he is entitled under subsection 13(1), be deemed to be
(a) the number of years of pensionable service to his credit
(b) the number of years of pensionable service to his credit in respect of which he has exercised an option under section 16 or 17.
- 1980-81-82-83, c. 64, s. 3.
Marginal note:Additional amount to be contributed by air traffic controllers
19. Subject to subsection 5(6), every person employed in operational service and required to contribute to the Public Service Pension Fund under subsection 5(2) is, except in the circumstances described in subsection 5(3), required to contribute to the Public Service Pension Fund by reservation from salary or otherwise, in addition to any other amount required under this Act, 2% of his or her salary.
- R.S., 1985, c. P-36, s. 19;
- 1999, c. 34, s. 69;
- 2012, c. 31, s. 487.
Marginal note:Contributions for elective service
20. (1) Operational service occurring on or after April 1, 1976 for which an election pursuant to section 6 has been made by a contributor or that may be counted by a contributor as pensionable service pursuant to subsection 40(11) or (11.1) may not be counted as operational service that is pensionable service for the purposes of sections 16 and 17 unless
(a) that election was made prior to June 30, 1981; or
(b) the contributor, at any time after he or she becomes employed in operational service but before he or she ceases to be employed in the public service, further elects to pay to the Superannuation Account or the Public Service Pension Fund in respect of that operational service an amount equal to the amount he or she would have been required to contribute had he or she, during that period, been required to contribute, at the rate of two per cent of his or her salary, together with interest within the meaning of subsection 7(2).
Marginal note:Salary on which contributions based
(2) For the purposes of paragraph (1)(b), the salary of a contributor is the salary at the rate authorized to be paid to him
(a) on the most recent occasion on which he became employed in operational service, if he elects under that paragraph within one year after he becomes employed in operational service to pay for that service; or
(b) at the time when he made the election, in any other case.
Marginal note:Manner of payment
(3) Subsection 8(6) applies with such modifications as the circumstances require in respect of amounts required to be paid under subsection (1).
- R.S., 1985, c. P-36, s. 20;
- 1999, c. 34, s. 70;
- 2003, c. 22, s. 225(E).
- Date modified: