Marginal note:Deemed abandonment of applications
(a) reply in good faith to any requisition made by an examiner in connection with an examination, within six months after the requisition is made or within any shorter period established by the Commissioner;
(b) comply with a notice given pursuant to subsection 27(6);
(c) pay the fees payable under section 27.1, within the time provided by the regulations;
(d) make a request for examination or pay the prescribed fee under subsection 35(1) within the time provided by the regulations;
(e) comply with a notice given under subsection 35(2); or
(f) pay the prescribed fees stated to be payable in a notice of allowance of patent within six months after the date of the notice.
Marginal note:Deemed abandonment in prescribed circumstances
(2) An application shall also be deemed to be abandoned in any other circumstances that are prescribed.
(3) An application deemed to be abandoned under this section shall be reinstated if the applicant
Marginal note:Amendment and re-examination
(4) An application that has been abandoned pursuant to paragraph (1)(f) and reinstated is subject to amendment and further examination.
Marginal note:Original filing date
(5) An application that is reinstated retains its original filing date.
- R.S., 1985, c. P-4, s. 73;
- 1993, c. 15, s. 52;
- 2015, c. 3, s. 138(F).
- Date modified: