Marginal note:Amendment of schedules
49. For the purposes of sections 38 to 47, the responsible authority in respect of a provision of a federal law may, by order, amend Schedule 2 or 3 by adding or striking out a reference to that federal law or provision.
50. (1) For the purposes of sections 41 to 47, the responsible authority in respect of a provision of a federal law may make regulations respecting the application of those sections to the provision.
(2) Without restricting the generality of subsection (1), the regulations that may be made may include rules respecting any of the following:
(a) the technology or process that must be used to make or send an electronic document;
(b) the format of an electronic document;
(c) the place where an electronic document is to be made or sent;
(d) the time and circumstances when an electronic document is to be considered to be sent or received and the place where it is considered to have been sent or received;
(e) the technology or process to be used to make or verify an electronic signature and the manner in which it is to be used; and
(f) any matter necessary for the purposes of the application of sections 41 to 47.
Marginal note:Minimum rules
(3) Without restricting the generality of subsection (1), if a provision referred to in any of sections 41 to 47 requires a person to provide another person with a document or information, the rules set out in the regulations respecting the application of that section to the provision may be that
(a) both persons have agreed to the document or information being provided in electronic form; and
(b) the document or information in electronic form will be under the control of the person to whom it is provided and will be readable or perceivable so as to be usable for subsequent reference.
Marginal note:Incorporation by reference
(4) Regulations may incorporate by reference the standards or specifications of any government, person or organization, either as they read at a fixed time or as they are amended from time to time.
Marginal note:Effect of striking out listed provision
51. The striking out of a reference to a federal law or provision in Schedule 2 or 3 does not affect the validity of anything done in compliance with any regulation made under section 50 that relates to that federal law or provision while it was listed in that Schedule.
AMENDMENTS TO THE CANADA EVIDENCE ACT
52. to 57. [Amendments]
AMENDMENTS TO THE STATUTORY INSTRUMENTS ACT
58. and 59. [Amendments]
AMENDMENTS TO THE STATUTE REVISION ACT
60. to 71. [Amendments]
COMING INTO FORCE
Marginal note:Coming into force
(a) in the case of Parts 1 and 2 or any provision of those Parts, the Minister of Industry; and
(b) in the case of Parts 3 to 5 or any provision of those Parts, the Minister of Justice.
Return to footnote *[Note: Parts 2, 3 and 4 in force May 1, 2000; Part 1 in force January 1, 2001, see SI/2000-29; Part 5 in force June 1, 2009, see SI/2009-42.]
- Date modified: