Other Grounds for Cancellation or Amendment
Marginal note:Discontinuation of sale of product
22. (1) A registrant who intends to discontinue the sale of a pest control product for one or more uses for which it is registered shall notify the Minister of that intention in the form and manner directed by the Minister.
Marginal note:Reasons for discontinuation
(2) The Minister may deliver a notice in writing to the registrant requiring the registrant to explain the reasons for the discontinuation.
Marginal note:Cancellation or amendment of registration
(3) On receipt of notification under subsection (1), the Minister shall cancel or amend the registration, as the case may be, as of a date to be determined by the Minister and, pending that date, may impose any conditions that the Minister considers necessary for carrying out the purposes of this Act.
Marginal note:Non-payment of fees, fines, etc.
23. (1) If a registrant fails to pay a fee, fine, penalty, charge or cost that the registrant is liable to pay under or in relation to this Act, the Minister may
(a) cancel or amend any registration in the registrant’s name; and
(b) refuse to consider any application made by the registrant under this Act.
(2) Before taking any action under subsection (1) in relation to charges or costs, the Minister shall give the registrant a reasonable opportunity to make representations.
(3) The Minister shall immediately give written notice to the registrant of any action taken under subsection (1) and of the reasons for the action.
Marginal note:Amendment with consent
24. The Minister may, with the written consent of the registrant, amend the registration of a pest control product for the purpose of reducing its health or environmental risks or increasing its value.
Marginal note:Breach of conditions
25. The Minister may cancel or amend the registration of a pest control product if the registrant does not comply with the conditions of registration.
Marginal note:Violation or offence
26. If a person is found to have committed a violation or is convicted of an offence under this Act, the Minister may, having regard to the nature of the violation or offence and the circumstances surrounding its commission,
(a) cancel or amend the registration of the pest control product that was involved in the violation or offence where the person who committed the violation or offence is the registrant;
(b) cancel or amend the registration of any other pest control product in respect of which the person is the registrant; or
(c) refuse to consider any application made under this Act by the person during any period that the Minister considers appropriate.
- Date modified: