Marginal note:Transfer to public health authority
33. A quarantine officer may at any time transfer a traveller detained by the quarantine officer under subsection 28(1) to a public health authority with the agreement of the authority or the province.
Marginal note:Notice to provincial public health authority
33.1 (1) As soon as practicable, a quarantine officer shall inform the provincial public health authority of any province concerned if
(a) the quarantine officer has required a traveller to undergo a medical examination under subsection 22(1);
(b) the quarantine officer has ordered the traveller to comply with treatment or any other measure under section 26;
(c) a peace officer has arrested a traveller and taken them to the quarantine officer under section 27;
(d) the quarantine officer is detaining a traveller under subsection 28(1); or
(e) the quarantine officer does not detain a traveller, for the reasons set out in paragraph 32(d).
Marginal note:Disclosure of information
(2) The quarantine officer shall disclose to the provincial public health authority the following personal information regarding the traveller, to the extent that it is known:
(a) the traveller’s name, sex, age and date of birth;
(b) the traveller's itinerary, home address and location;
(c) the communicable disease in question and the state of the traveller’s health in respect of that disease; and
(d) the manner in which the traveller may have acquired the communicable disease or vectors.
Marginal note:Disclosure to provincial public health authority
(3) The quarantine officer may disclose confidential business information or other personal information obtained under this Act to the provincial public health authority if the officer has reasonable grounds to believe that the disclosure is necessary to prevent the spread of a communicable disease.
34. (1) This section applies to the operator of any of the following conveyances:
(a) a conveyance that is used in the business of carrying persons or cargo; and
(b) a prescribed conveyance.
Marginal note:Operator to inform quarantine officer before arrival
(2) As soon as possible before a conveyance arrives at its destination in Canada, the operator shall inform a quarantine officer or cause a quarantine officer to be informed of any reasonable grounds to suspect that
(a) any person, cargo or other thing on board the conveyance could cause the spreading of a communicable disease listed in the schedule;
(b) a person on board the conveyance has died; or
(c) any prescribed circumstances exist.
Marginal note:Operator to inform quarantine officer before departure
(3) As soon as possible before a conveyance departs from Canada through a departure point, the operator shall inform a quarantine officer or cause a quarantine officer to be informed of any circumstance referred to in paragraphs (2)(a) to (c) that exists.
(4) No operator contravenes subsection (2) if it is not reasonably possible for the operator to inform a quarantine officer or cause a quarantine officer to be informed before the conveyance’s arrival at its destination in Canada, as long as the operator does so on the conveyance’s arrival at that destination.
- 2005, c. 20, s. 34;
- 2007, c. 27, s. 1.
- Date modified: