29.5 The costs of the administration of this Act, as determined by the Treasury Board on the recommendation of the Minister, with respect to benefits payable under this Act in respect of pensionable service that comes to the credit of contributors on or after April 1, 2000 shall be paid out of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police Pension Fund.
- 1999, c. 34, s. 199.
Marginal note:Public Pensions Reporting Act
30. In accordance with the Public Pensions Reporting Act, a cost certificate, an actuarial valuation report and an assets report on the state of each of the Superannuation Account, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police Superannuation Investment Fund and the Royal Canadian Mounted Police Pension Fund shall be prepared, filed with the Minister designated under that Act and laid before Parliament.
- R.S., 1985, c. R-11, s. 30;
- R.S., 1985, c. 13 (2nd Supp.), s. 13;
- 1999, c. 34, s. 200.
Marginal note:Annual report
31. The Minister shall cause to be laid before each House of Parliament each year a report on the administration of this Part and Part III during the preceding fiscal year, including a statement showing the amounts paid into and out of the Superannuation Account, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police Pension Fund and the Royal Canadian Mounted Police Superannuation Investment Fund during that year, by appropriate classifications, the number of contributors and the number of persons receiving benefits under this Part and Part III, together with the additional information that the Governor in Council may by regulation require.
- R.S., 1985, c. R-11, s. 31;
- 1992, c. 46, s. 79;
- 1999, c. 34, s. 200.
BENEFITS IN RESPECT OF INJURY OR DEATH ON SERVICE
Definition of “service in the Force”
31.1 For the purposes of this Part, paragraphs (b), (c) and (d) of the definition “service in the Force” in subsection 3(1) apply only in respect of service as a member of a provincial or municipal police force with which the Minister has entered into an arrangement under section 20 of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police Act.
- 2009, c. 13, s. 9.
Marginal note:Eligibility for awards under Pension Act
32. Subject to this Part and the regulations, an award in accordance with the Pension Act shall be granted to or in respect of the following persons if the injury or disease — or the aggravation of the injury or disease — resulting in the disability or death in respect of which the application for the award is made arose out of, or was directly connected with, the person’s service in the Force:
(a) any person to whom Part VI of the former Act applied at any time before April 1, 1960 who, either before or after that time, has suffered a disability or has died; and
(b) any person who served in the Force at any time after March 31, 1960 as a contributor under Part I of this Act and who has suffered a disability, either before or after that time, or has died.
- R.S., 1985, c. R-11, s. 32;
- 1998, c. 11, s. 1;
- 2000, c. 34, s. 46;
- 2009, c. 13, s. 10.
- Date modified: