Marginal note:Application to Her Majesty and Parliament
3 (1) Subject to subsection (2), this Act is binding on Her Majesty in right of Canada, on the Senate, House of Commons, Library of Parliament, office of the Senate Ethics Officer and office of the Conflict of Interest and Ethics Commissioner and on Her Majesty in right of a province.
(2) The Governor in Council may by order exempt Her Majesty in right of Canada, or the Senate, House of Commons, Library of Parliament, office of the Senate Ethics Officer or office of the Conflict of Interest and Ethics Commissioner, as represented by the person or persons named in the order, from any or all provisions of this Act or the regulations, and such an exemption may be
Marginal note:Geographical application
(3) This Act applies within Canada and on board
(a) any ship, vessel or aircraft that is
(b) any spacecraft that is under the direction or control of
(c) any platform, rig, structure or formation that is affixed or attached to land situated in the continental shelf of Canada.
Marginal note:Powers, duties and functions of Minister
(4) Any power, duty or function of the Minister under this Act or the regulations may be exercised or performed by any person authorized by the Minister to do so and, if so exercised or performed, shall be deemed to have been exercised or performed by the Minister.
- R.S., 1985, c. R-2, s. 3;
- R.S., 1985, c. 4 (3rd Supp.), s. 1;
- 1989, c. 17, s. 4;
- 1996, c. 31, s. 94;
- 2004, c. 7, s. 37;
- 2006, c. 9, s. 34.
- Date modified: