Marginal note:Agency must render decision within 120 days
15. The Agency shall render a decision on a complaint filed under subsection 13(1) not later than one hundred and twenty days after the filing of the complaint unless the parties thereto agree to an extension.
- R.S., 1985, c. 17 (3rd Supp.), s. 15;
- 1992, c. 1, s. 128.
INVESTIGATION OF CONFERENCE
Marginal note:Inquiry by Commissioner
16. (1) Notwithstanding section 3, the Commissioner on his own initiative may, and on direction from the Minister of Industry shall, carry out an inquiry concerning the operations of any conference and the effect that practices of the conference have in limiting facilities for the transportation of any goods, preventing or lessening competition in the transportation of any goods or restraining or injuring trade or commerce in relation to any goods.
Marginal note:Deemed inquiry under Competition Act
(2) Any inquiry carried out by the Commissioner pursuant to subsection (1) shall be deemed to be an inquiry under section 10 of the Competition Act.
Marginal note:Use of evidence
(3) The Commissioner may bring to the Agency any evidence or material obtained in the course of an inquiry under this section that in the opinion of the Commissioner is relevant to any complaint filed with the Agency under subsection 13(1) and, for greater certainty, may take any other action authorized to be taken by the Commissioner under the Competition Act in relation to that evidence or material.
- R.S., 1985, c. 17 (3rd Supp.), s. 16;
- 1992, c. 1, ss. 128, 145(F);
- 1995, c. 1, s. 62;
- 1999, c. 2, s. 51.
INSPECTION AND DESTRUCTION OF DOCUMENTS
Marginal note:Inspection of documents
17. (1) Subject to subsection (2), every document filed pursuant to section 6, other than a copy of a service contract, and every notice given pursuant to section 9 or 10 shall, on application, be made available for inspection by any person during the regular business hours of the Agency.
Marginal note:Destruction of documents
(2) The Agency may, five years after the date they are no longer in effect, destroy those documents filed with or given to the Agency or the Canadian Transport Commission pursuant to this Act, the Shipping Conferences Exemption Act, chapter 39 of the Revised Statutes of Canada, 1970 (1st Supp.), or the Shipping Conferences Exemption Act that, in its opinion, are no longer necessary for the administration of this Act.
- R.S., 1985, c. 17 (3rd Supp.), s. 17;
- 1992, c. 1, s. 126.
Marginal note:Office in Canada
18. Members of a conference shall maintain jointly an office in that region of Canada where they operate.
- R.S., 1985, c. 17 (3rd Supp.), s. 18;
- 1992, c. 1, s. 126;
- 2001, c. 26, s. 329.
- Date modified: