INSPECTION OF DOCUMENTS
Marginal note:Availability of certain documents
19. (1) Members of a conference shall collectively make available to the public, in electronic form at all times, and at the conference’s offices during regular business hours, for inspection or for purchase at a reasonable price, copies of
(a) all documents in force, other than service contracts, that have been filed pursuant to section 6;
(b) all tariffs in force; and
(c) all notices in force that have been given pursuant to section 9 or 10.
Marginal note:Inspection at member’s office
(2) Every member of a conference shall make available to the public for inspection, at all that member’s principal offices in Canada during regular business hours, copies of all tariffs in force and of all notices that have been given pursuant to section 10 relating to an amendment to such a tariff.
Marginal note:Contents of tariff
(3) Each tariff shall set out
(a) the rates that may be assessed by a member of a conference who uses the tariff in connection with the transportation of goods other than the rates that may be assessed by that member under any service contract;
(b) the places from and to which every rate referred to in paragraph (a) applies;
(c) every rule and regulation that in any way determines the calculation of any rate set out in the tariff or affects or alters any term or condition for the transportation of goods; and
(d) the address of the office maintained pursuant to section 18 to which communications respecting the tariff or negotiation of rates with the members of the conference may be directed.
- R.S., 1985, c. 17 (3rd Supp.), s. 19;
- 1992, c. 1, s. 126;
- 2001, c. 26, s. 329.
20. Members of a conference engaged in the transportation of goods from any place in Canada to any place outside Canada shall, when reasonably requested in writing by any designated shipper group to do so, meet with the designated shipper group and shall provide the designated shipper group with information sufficient for the satisfactory conduct of the meeting.
DESIGNATED SHIPPER GROUPS
Marginal note:Minister of Transport may designate
21. The Minister of Transport may designate any organization or association of shippers as representing, in the opinion of the Minister of Transport, for the purposes of this Act, the interests of those shippers.
- R.S., 1985, c. 17 (3rd Supp.), s. 21;
- 1992, c. 1, s. 144(F).
22. (1) The Governor in Council may make regulations requiring the production by members of a conference at such time or times and in such form and manner as are specified in the regulations, of such information of a type specified in the regulations as is in their possession or is reasonably available to them and as may reasonably be regarded as necessary to enable the Agency to effectively supervise the activities of members of the conference relating to the conference and concerning Canada.
(2) Where information that is in its nature confidential and that relates to the business of a member of a conference is produced pursuant to any regulations made pursuant to subsection (1), the information shall not be made public in such a manner as to be available for the use of any business competitor of the persons to whom the information relates.
(3) The Governor in Council may make regulations respecting access, through an electronic network, to documents filed with the Agency in accordance with section 6 and the fees to be paid for the use of this service.
Marginal note:Publication of proposed regulations
(4) Subject to subsection (5), a copy of each regulation that the Governor in Council proposes to make pursuant to subsection (1) or (3) shall be published in the Canada Gazette at least sixty days before the proposed effective date thereof and a reasonable opportunity shall be afforded to interested persons to make representations with respect thereto.
(5) No proposed regulation need be published more than once under subsection (4) whether or not it is amended after such publication as a result of representations made by interested persons as provided in that subsection.
- R.S., 1985, c. 17 (3rd Supp.), s. 22;
- 1992, c. 1, s. 128.
- Date modified: