Marginal note:Governor in Council may restrict immunity by order
15. The Governor in Council may, on the recommendation of the Minister of Foreign Affairs, by order restrict any immunity or privileges under this Act in relation to a foreign state where, in the opinion of the Governor in Council, the immunity or privileges exceed those accorded by the law of that state.
- R.S., 1985, c. S-18, s. 15;
- 1995, c. 5, s. 25.
16. If, in any proceeding or other matter to which a provision of this Act and a provision of the Extradition Act, the Visiting Forces Act or the Foreign Missions and International Organizations Act apply, there is a conflict between those provisions, the provision of this Act does not apply in the proceeding or other matter to the extent of the conflict.
- R.S., 1985, c. S-18, s. 16;
- 1991, c. 41, s. 13;
- 2000, c. 24, s. 70.
Marginal note:Rules of court not affected
17. Except to the extent required to give effect to this Act, nothing in this Act shall be construed or applied so as to negate or affect any rules of a court, including rules of a court relating to service of a document out of the jurisdiction of the court.
- 1980-81-82-83, c. 95, s. 16.
18. This Act does not apply to criminal proceedings or proceedings in the nature of criminal proceedings.
- 1980-81-82-83, c. 95, s. 17.
- Date modified: