Marginal note:Forms for statistical data
23. (1) In lieu of or in addition to using agents or employees for the collection of statistics under this Act, the Minister may prescribe that a form be sent to a person from whom information authorized to be obtained under this Act is sought.
Marginal note:Return of forms
(2) Subject to section 8, a person to whom a form is sent pursuant to subsection (1) shall answer the inquiries thereon and return the form and answers to Statistics Canada properly certified as accurate, not later than the time prescribed therefor by the Minister and indicated on the form or not later than such extended time as may be allowed in the discretion of the Minister.
- 1970-71-72, c. 15, s. 22;
- 1980-81-82-83, c. 47, s. 41.
Marginal note:Returns under Income Tax Act
24. For the purposes of this Act and subject to section 17,
(a) the Chief Statistician or any person authorized by the Chief Statistician to do so may inspect and have access to any returns, certificates, statements, documents or other records obtained on behalf of the Minister of National Revenue for the purposes of the Income Tax Act or Part IX of the Excise Tax Act, and
(b) the Minister of National Revenue shall cause the returns, certificates, statements, documents, or other records to be made available to the Chief Statistician or person authorized by the Chief Statistician to inspect the records,
in such manner and at such times as the Governor in Council may prescribe on the recommendation of the Minister and the Minister of National Revenue.
- R.S., 1985, c. S-19, s. 24;
- 1990, c. 45, s. 54.
Marginal note:Return of exports and imports from Customs
25. For the purposes of this Act and subject to section 17, the Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness shall cause to be sent to the Chief Statistician returns of imports and exports into and from Canada and details of the means of transportation used therefor, in such manner and at such times as the Governor in Council may prescribe on the recommendation of the Minister and the Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness.
- R.S., 1985, c. S-19, s. 25;
- 2005, c. 38, ss. 142, 145.
Marginal note:Courts to furnish criminal statistics
26. The clerk of every court or tribunal administering criminal justice or, where there is no clerk, the judge or other functionary presiding over the court or tribunal shall, at such times, in such manner and respecting such periods as the Minister may direct, fill in and transmit the schedules he receives relating to the criminal business transacted in the court or tribunal.
- 1970-71-72, c. 15, s. 24.
- Date modified: