Marginal note:Notice in Canada Gazette
14. The Commission may cause to be published in the Canada Gazette a notice of the regulations contained in any printed Roll deposited in the office of the Clerk of the Privy Council in accordance with subsection 12(1).
- 1974-75-76, c. 20, s. 14.
15. [Repealed, 2000, c. 5, s. 66]
16. [Repealed, 2000, c. 5, s. 66]
Marginal note:Bound volumes
17. If the Commission has, as of a day selected by it, revised all the regulations that it is required to revise under section 10 to that day, it shall cause the Revised Regulations to be published in the form of bound volumes, and the regulations to be included in them shall be those that have been revised as of that day, and that day shall be indicated in each of the volumes.
- R.S., 1985, c. S-20, s. 17;
- 2000, c. 5, s. 66.
Marginal note:Old regulations not revived
18. (1) The repeal of the regulations and parts of regulations listed in the schedule appended to a Roll does not
(a) revive any regulation or part of any regulation so repealed;
(b) affect any saving clause in the regulations or parts of regulations so repealed; or
(c) prevent the application of any of those regulations or parts of regulations, or of any regulation or any part of a regulation formerly in force, to any transaction, matter or thing before the repeal to which they would otherwise apply.
Marginal note:Not new law
(2) A regulation included in the Revised Regulations shall not be held to operate as a new regulation, but shall be construed and have effect as a consolidation and as declaratory of the law as contained in the regulation and parts of regulations as revised, and for which the regulation included in the Revised Regulations is substituted.
Marginal note:Where revision differs
(3) Where, on any point, the provisions of a regulation included in the Revised Regulations are not in effect the same as those of the repealed provisions for which they are substituted, in respect of all transactions, matters and things subsequent to the time when the regulation included in the Revised Regulations takes effect, the provisions contained in that regulation prevail, but in respect of all transactions, matters and things before that time, the repealed provisions prevail.
Marginal note:Construction of references
(4) A reference in any regulation remaining in force and not revised, or in any instrument or document, to any regulation or part of a regulation repealed under subsection 13(3) by inclusion in the Revised Regulations shall, after the regulation in the Revised Regulations takes effect, be deemed, in respect of any subsequent transaction, matter or thing, to be a reference to the regulation or part of a regulation in the Revised Regulations having the same effect as the repealed regulation or part of a regulation.
- R.S., 1985, c. S-20, s. 18;
- 2000, c. 5, s. 67.
- Date modified: