Marginal note:Power to direct or authorize publication in Canada Gazette
12. Notwithstanding anything in this Act, the Governor in Council may by regulation direct that any statutory instrument or other document, or any class thereof, be published in the Canada Gazette and the Clerk of the Privy Council, where authorized by regulations made by the Governor in Council, may direct or authorize the publication in the Canada Gazette of any statutory instrument or other document, the publication of which, in his opinion, is in the public interest.
- 1970-71-72, c. 38, s. 12.
DISTRIBUTION OF CANADA GAZETTE
Marginal note:Distribution of Canada Gazette to Members of Parliament
13. (1) A copy of each regulation that is published in the Canada Gazette shall be provided to each member of the Senate and House of Commons by delivering to each such member without charge a copy of the Canada Gazette in which the regulation is published.
Marginal note:Distribution of Canada Gazette to public
(2) Copies of the Canada Gazette shall be delivered without charge to such persons or classes of persons, in addition to those described in subsection (1), as may be prescribed and may be sold to any person on payment of the charge prescribed therefor.
- 1970-71-72, c. 38, s. 13.
Marginal note:Quarterly consolidated index of regulations
14. (1) The Clerk of the Privy Council shall prepare and the Queen’s Printer shall publish quarterly a consolidated index of all regulations and amendments to regulations in force at any time after the end of the preceding calendar year, other than any regulation that is exempted from the application of subsection 11(1) as a regulation described in subparagraph 20(c)(iii).
Marginal note:Quarterly index of documents other than regulations
(2) The Queen’s Printer shall prepare and publish a quarterly index of all documents, other than regulations, that have been published in the Canada Gazette during the three month period immediately preceding the month in which the index is published.
- 1970-71-72, c. 38, s. 14.
REVISIONS AND CONSOLIDATIONS OF REGULATIONS
Marginal note:Power to request revision or consolidation
15. (1) Where the Clerk of the Privy Council, after consultation with the Deputy Minister of Justice, is of the opinion that any particular regulations should be revised or consolidated, he may request the regulation-making authority or any person acting on behalf of such authority to prepare a revision or consolidation of those regulations.
Marginal note:Failure to comply with request
(2) Where any authority or person referred to in subsection (1) fails to comply within a reasonable time with a request made pursuant to that subsection, the Governor in Council may, by order, direct that authority or person to comply with the request within such period of time as he may specify in the order.
- 1970-71-72, c. 38, s. 22.
- Date modified: