Marginal note:Power to direct or authorize publication in Canada Gazette
12. Notwithstanding anything in this Act, the Governor in Council may by regulation direct that any statutory instrument or other document, or any class thereof, be published in the Canada Gazette and the Clerk of the Privy Council, where authorized by regulations made by the Governor in Council, may direct or authorize the publication in the Canada Gazette of any statutory instrument or other document, the publication of which, in his opinion, is in the public interest.
- 1970-71-72, c. 38, s. 12.
13. [Repealed, 2012, c. 19, s. 476]
Marginal note:Quarterly consolidated index of regulations
14. (1) The Clerk of the Privy Council shall prepare and the Queen’s Printer shall publish quarterly a consolidated index of all regulations and amendments to regulations in force at any time after the end of the preceding calendar year, other than any regulation that is exempted from the application of subsection 11(1) as a regulation described in subparagraph 20(c)(iii).
Marginal note:Quarterly index of documents other than regulations
(2) The Queen’s Printer shall prepare and publish a quarterly index of all documents, other than regulations, that have been published in the Canada Gazette during the three month period immediately preceding the month in which the index is published.
- 1970-71-72, c. 38, s. 14.
REVISIONS AND CONSOLIDATIONS OF REGULATIONS
Marginal note:Power to request revision or consolidation
15. (1) Where the Clerk of the Privy Council, after consultation with the Deputy Minister of Justice, is of the opinion that any particular regulations should be revised or consolidated, he may request the regulation-making authority or any person acting on behalf of such authority to prepare a revision or consolidation of those regulations.
Marginal note:Failure to comply with request
(2) Where any authority or person referred to in subsection (1) fails to comply within a reasonable time with a request made pursuant to that subsection, the Governor in Council may, by order, direct that authority or person to comply with the request within such period of time as he may specify in the order.
- 1970-71-72, c. 38, s. 22.
JUDICIAL NOTICE OF STATUTORY INSTRUMENTS
Marginal note:Judicial notice
(2) In addition to any other manner of proving the existence or contents of a statutory instrument, evidence of the existence or contents of a statutory instrument may be given by the production of a copy of the Canada Gazette purporting to contain the text of the statutory instrument.
Marginal note:Deemed publication in Canada Gazette
(3) For the purposes of this section,
(a) if a regulation is included in a copy of the Consolidated Regulations of Canada, 1978 purporting to be printed by the Queen’s Printer, that regulation is deemed to have been published in the Canada Gazette; and
(b) if a regulation is included in a copy of a revision of regulations purporting to be published by the Queen’s Printer, that regulation is deemed to have been published in the Canada Gazette.
- R.S., 1985, c. S-22, s. 16;
- 2000, c. 5, s. 59;
- 2012, c. 19, s. 477.
- Date modified: