Marginal note:Compliance agreement
520.5 The Commissioner may enter into an agreement, called a “compliance agreement”, with a company for the purposes of implementing any measure designed to further compliance by it with the consumer provisions.
- 2001, c. 9, s. 566.
Notices and Other Documents
Marginal note:Execution of documents
520.6 Any by-law, notice, resolution, requisition, statement or other document required or permitted to be executed or signed by more than one person for the purposes of this Act may be executed or signed in several documents of like form, each of which is executed or signed by one or more of the persons. The documents if duly executed or signed by all persons required or permitted to sign them are deemed to constitute one document for the purposes of this Act.
- 2005, c. 54, s. 446.
Marginal note:Notice to directors and shareholders
521. A notice or document required by this Act or the regulations or by the incorporating instrument or by-laws of a company to be sent to a shareholder or director of a company may be sent by prepaid mail addressed to, or may be delivered personally to,
(a) the shareholder at the shareholder’s latest address as shown in the records of the company or its transfer agent; and
(b) the director at the director’s latest address as shown in the records of the company or in the latest return made under section 499.
Marginal note:Presumption from return
522. A director named in the latest return sent by a company to the Superintendent under section 499 is presumed for the purposes of this Act to be a director of the company referred to in the return.
Marginal note:Presumption of receipt
523. (1) A notice or document sent by mail in accordance with section 521 to a shareholder or director is deemed to be received by the shareholder or director at the time it would be delivered in the ordinary course of mail unless there are reasonable grounds for believing that the shareholder or director did not receive the notice or document at that time or at all.
Marginal note:Undelivered notices
(2) If a company sends a notice or document to a shareholder in accordance with section 521 and it is returned on two consecutive occasions because the shareholder cannot be found, the company is not required to send any further notices or documents to the shareholder until it is informed in writing of their new address.
- 1991, c. 45, s. 523;
- 2005, c. 54, s. 447.
Marginal note:Service on a company
524. A notice or document required by this Act to be sent to or served on a company may be sent by registered mail to the head office of the company and, if so sent, is deemed to be received or served at the time it would be delivered in the ordinary course of mail unless there are reasonable grounds for believing that the company did not receive the notice or document at that time or at all.
- Date modified: