Marginal note:Fuel, oil, etc.
26. Subject to compliance with such conditions as are prescribed by the regulations, no duty or tax is payable on any fuel, oil or lubricants intended for use exclusively in the service vehicles, aircraft or vessels of a visiting force.
- R.S., c. V-6, s. 26.
PART VIATTACHMENTS TO AND FROM CANADIAN FORCES
Marginal note:Application of section
27. (1) The forces, other than the Canadian Forces, to which this section applies are the armed forces raised in a country declared by the Governor in Council as a country in respect of which this Part is applicable.
Marginal note:Temporary attachments
(2) The Governor in Council
(a) may attach temporarily to the Canadian Forces a member of another force to which this section applies who is placed at his disposal for the purpose by the service authorities of the country to which the other force belongs; and
(b) subject to anything to the contrary in the conditions applicable to his service, may place any member of the Canadian Forces at the disposal of the service authorities of another country for the purpose of being attached temporarily by those authorities to a force to which this section applies.
Marginal note:Law applicable to member of force attached to Canadian Forces
(3) While a member of another force is by virtue of this section attached temporarily to the Canadian Forces, the member is subject to the law relating to the Canadian Forces in like manner as if he were a member of the Canadian Forces, and shall be treated and have the like powers of command, punishment and, notwithstanding subsection 12(1), arrest over members of the Canadian Forces as if he were a member thereof of relative rank.
Marginal note:Application of Canadian statutes
(4) The Governor in Council may direct that, in relation to members of another force to which this section applies, the statutes relating to the Canadian Forces shall apply with such exceptions and subject to such adaptations and modifications as may be specified by the Governor in Council.
Marginal note:Mutual power of command
(5) When the Canadian Forces and another force to which this section applies are serving together, whether alone or not,
(a) any member of the other force shall be treated and shall have over members of the Canadian Forces the like powers of command as if he were a member of the Canadian Forces of relative rank; and
(b) if the forces are acting in combination, any officer of the other force appointed, by agreement between Her Majesty in right of Canada and the government of the country to which that force belongs, to command the combined force, or any part thereof, shall be treated and shall have over members of the Canadian Forces the like powers of command, punishment and arrest, and may be invested with the like authority as if he were an officer of the Canadian Forces of relative rank and holding the same command.
Marginal note:Forces serving together or in combination
(6) For the purposes of this section, forces shall be deemed to be serving together or acting in combination only if they are declared to be so serving or so acting by order of the Governor in Council, and the relative rank of members of the Canadian Forces and of other forces shall be such as may be prescribed by regulations made by the Governor in Council.
- R.S., c. V-6, s. 27.
- Date modified: