Marginal note:Additional duties of Minister
31. The Governor in Council may impose on the Minister duties similar to those performed by the Minister under this Act in respect of any allowances authorized to be paid under any other Act, and such effect shall be given to any such adjudication by the Minister as the Governor in Council may direct.
- R.S., 1985, c. W-3, s. 31;
- R.S., 1985, c. 20 (3rd Supp.), s. 35.
Marginal note:Review by departmental official
32. (1) Where an applicant for an allowance or a recipient is dissatisfied with any adjudication affecting him or her, other than an adjudication under section 18 or on an appeal under subsection (2) of this section, he or she may, in accordance with the regulations, apply to an officer or employee of the Department designated by the Minister for the purpose for a review of the adjudication.
Marginal note:Appeal to Veterans Appeal Board
(2) Where, following a review under subsection (1), the applicant or recipient remains dissatisfied with the adjudication, he or she may appeal the adjudication to the Board, within sixty days after the adjudication is rendered or such longer period as the Board may, for special reasons, allow.
(3) to (5) [Repealed, R.S., 1985, c. 20 (3rd Supp.), s. 36]
- R.S., 1985, c. W-3, s. 32;
- R.S., 1985, c. 7 (1st Supp.), s. 8, c. 20 (3rd Supp.), s. 36;
- 2000, c. 34, ss. 85, 90(E).
33. [Repealed, 1995, c. 18, s. 104]
ADMINISTRATION OF ACT
Marginal note:Administration of Act
34. (1) Subject to this Act, the Minister shall be charged with the administration of this Act and the determination of whether any allowance is payable and the amount thereof.
Marginal note:Income information
(1.1) Subject to section 7, the Minister may, in determining whether an allowance is payable and the amount of the allowance, consider any statement or estimate of income respecting the recipient or their spouse or common-law partner that is being used for the purpose of the Old Age Security Act or the Income Tax Act.
Marginal note:Authorization of others to carry out functions, etc.
(2) The Minister may authorize any person to exercise and perform any of the powers, duties or functions of the Minister under this Act.
- R.S., 1985, c. W-3, s. 34;
- 2000, c. 34, s. 86.
34.1 Every application, statement, notification, consent or report required or permitted by this Act, or by any enactment incorporating this Act by reference, must be made or given in the form required by the Minister.
- 2000, c. 34, s. 87.
- Date modified: