Marginal note:Term of office
11. (1) Subject to subsection (2), a member shall be appointed to hold office for a term of three years.
Marginal note:Term of first members
(2) The first members appointed on the nomination of the Council for Yukon Indians shall be appointed for such term, not exceeding three years, as the Council may specify and the other first members shall be appointed for such term, not exceeding three years, as the Minister may determine.
(3) A member holds office during good behaviour, but may be removed by the Minister for cause or for a ground set out in the by-laws of the Board made pursuant to paragraph 18(a).
12. If the office of a member becomes vacant during the term of the member, the Minister may, on the conditions under section 9 on which that member was appointed, appoint a person to that office for the remainder of the term.
13. A member is eligible to be reappointed to the Board in any capacity.
Marginal note:Duties of Chairperson
14. The Chairperson is the chief executive officer of the Board and has such powers, duties and functions as are prescribed by the by-laws of the Board.
15. (1) Each member shall be paid such fees or other remuneration as the Treasury Board may fix.
(2) Each member shall be paid such travel and living expenses incurred by the member while absent from the member’s ordinary place of residence in the course of performing duties under this Act as are consistent with Treasury Board directives for public servants.
Marginal note:Workers compensation
(3) A member is deemed to be an employee for the purposes of the Government Employees Compensation Act and to be employed in the federal public administration for the purposes of any regulation made pursuant to section 9 of the Aeronautics Act.
- 1994, c. 43, s. 15;
- 2003, c. 22, s. 224(E).
Head Office and Meetings
Marginal note:Head office
16. The head office of the Board shall be at Whitehorse or at such other place in the Yukon Territory as the Governor in Council may designate.
Marginal note:Business meetings
17. (1) The meetings of the Board shall be held at such times and at such places in the Yukon Territory as the Board considers necessary or desirable for the proper conduct of its business.
Marginal note:Participation by telephone
(2) Subject to the by-laws of the Board, any member may participate in a business meeting by means of telephone or other communications facilities that are likely to enable all persons participating in the meeting to hear each other, and a member so participating is deemed for all purposes of this Act to be present at that meeting.
- Date modified: